Codecs massive stuttering with saf v6 (1 Viewer)

@peter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have got Saf v6 110729 installed (unlocked). Ati 5450 connected to Onkyo HT-S3305B using hdmi.
    My aim is to play content with DTSHD-MA & DD-HD (not tried yet) I don't have any problems playing any other audio DTS and DD play fine.

I am using mpc to get it working first the I figure I should be able to get it working fine then in mepo.
    When i play any content that has DTSHD-MA it starts of as DTS and if i skip ahead just a little it will switch to DTSHD-MA and the front of the onkyo reports this change. But then video playback stutters along not just like now and then but playback is somewhere around 5 fps and the audio is just a low repetitive popping sound twice every 2 seconds.

Attached is what graph studio reports while playing something with DTSHD-MA in mpc as far as i can figure this is how it should be.

I have included here a copy of the Saf log had a quick look at it and the only thing that stood out was,
    *** Hardware: ***
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 5050e
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (ati2mtag_RS880)

The Ati 4200 is whats onboard but it doesn't get used at all and is disabled as much as it can be in the bios.
    I'm not sure on what else i can try now any help would be much appreciated.

:D peter

Attachments

• graph.jpg
      graph.jpg
      42.3 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Try enabling MP's own subtitle engine. With ffdshow one is used then the video frames need to be copied back to the main RAM which causing lot more processing for the CPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom