MCE Remote from HAMA (1 Viewer)

CountZer0

Portal Pro
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi all!

Been using a microsoft mce remote for years without problem but suddenly it got broken. Therefor I got myself a new remote. This time it was a MCE remote from hama.

The remote works very well when choosing "sceneo" as my remote. My problem is that when using netflix(browserplayer) in onlinevideos the buttons are mapped wrong. Rewind is "back" and "ok" is play and Pause. How can i change so back button is back?

kind regards[DOUBLEPOST=1421338069][/DOUBLEPOST]I would also like to map one button on the remote to get "fullscreen" when playing video in "the small window" when skipping through menus

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello!

If you are talking about one of these:

m13vaKI9gyspWXM6kghWsHg.jpg

First congrats for your pick, better known as < HAMA PROB-LE-MATIC REMOTE > designed to make a trouble :p

To not overdo here, i give a short overview here only, so you can start yourself and have heard about some terms ;)
Unfortunenately you seriously have to do hard learning by doing and all about this can seem somewhat exotic to you.
No, no other way, long texts would not help and you will never understand the concept and organzation of the settings GUI.
You may investigate further by yourself, try ask back here, but if you understand nothing of all, then try, try, try, try, try please ;)

In MePo-Config the checkbox "Use Centarea Master Remote II...." on Remote/SCENEO-tab has to be checked.

Than either use the GUI by using button "Mapping" next to this checkbox or locate the "Centarea HID.xml" within the MePo-Folders

(You may like to locate this XML first to perform an backup of it, and then use GUI to setup by pressing now "Mapping")

If Using GUI, extend the items in listfield and locate an subitem representing one of the remote-buttons you like to alter, expand this, epxand "all layer" too

Now you see some layers, this means, the same button does different things, depending on where you are and/or what MePo is currently doing

"No Condition" is used whenever no other layer takes effect for current location/action in MePo, all the other layers speaks for themselfs

you can add, remove and move the layers with buttons below listfield, better pay attention what item is exactly marked, when using the buttons

if you expand an condition item (blue), you will see some green subitems, what are settings for the condition

you can change the settings if a condition or some it's settings is marked, note that buttons on right are no longer greyed out

You can change each condition and setting seperatly, but you should keep an eye on what condition is currently marked when you change options on the right

Remember to take a lot of time for understanding the concept in GUI is used and how it is organized, and to learn about all the different conditions and actions.

Now to the bad news: as far as i remember, the standard XML, coming with MePo, make some things of this remote work,
but not all things and some things are mixed up etc. The XML need massive edit first to fit as close as possible for this remote.

Lucky You: Already done before ;) Let me recommend you to try my version of XML, made 1,5 years ago (using diskeepers. xml as template) wich fits near to a Hauppauge remote and more close to MCE also. It is attached to end of this Post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/remote-hama-mce.59700/page-5#post-1005157

Unfortuneately the post is witten in german, but i have edited the altered key-mapping in english to the post for you, all other text is not that relevant to you, i think. Please Backup your own XML, before move other XML into the folder. Maybe you like my settings, if not, you can take this XML as base to do your own settings on it, using the Mapping-Button like explained above. OR you can also browse the above linked thread from beginning, there are other XML-Files for download, including diskeepers XML (but may there are problems with the other xmls)

I really hope, that you can use either one of the XMLs or understand the settings GUI easily, to find into this, best is to learn it by yourself. And if you go for your next remote, look for this labeled on remote or IR-Dongle (you need only Dongle):

----> RC6 <----

RC6 (RC6 MCE) means real actual MCE, working with Windows, working in MePo using MCE-Tab, all buttons are mapped right, and the main thing is: it really use the microsoft Infrared-Impulses and not anything else, what means: you can can go and get you any Harmony, One for all, or any other universal remote, that supports the Microsoft IR-Codes. Find it on ebay, sometimes here on Forum too or wherever else. Also a Dongle only, used or not, will be fine for you with any universal remote.

To get exactly one of this has blown all my remote-problems away. Instantly ;)

And now: I wish good luck ;)

Last edited:

CountZer0

Portal Pro
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the input. I have actually used your xml from the german thread for a while and its way better then the original Centrea HID. Well my RC6 broke down and I thought the HAMA would play with my eHome IR Receiver... Damn!

Been trying to edit in the GUI and checked the xml afterwards to see if stuff has changed and it has. But in Mediaportal its not working as i want. When you created the XML didnt you miss a button the gain full screen video? Like when you go back from tv or a movie and the the small window video. You would like a button to get straight back to fullscreen.

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager), then get a "Universal Remote" like "Logitech Harmony" or any of the actual and most outdated "One for all" models. Even the cheapy noname ones will work, as long as they support the microsoft IR codes (look in manual/code-list before purchase).

Then, to go back full screen i am personally using menu-back button (back-arrow/exit/return on remote) simply ... i.e. after visiting epg (epg-list with live-tv in a small window) i use this button to go back to the fullscreen live-tv and therefor i have never missed an special button for this ;) So try, try, try and good luck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom