MCE remote - function of the back button (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

There are many treads about the green button and now it has been implemented in the newest release [0.1.1.1]. Thanks! However it would be more natural to have the back button to goe back only one step at a time. For example then you are in a subdirectory of videos you would like to press back button and get to the main folder - not as now back to the start meny. This would be more userfriendly and is used in other apps, for example beyond media and windows MCE.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Thats debatable, I mean I prefer it the way it is now. Not everyone is gonna agree so it may be something that stays the way it is.

A

Anonymous

Off course. But right now its not quite logical. The back button takes you nearly allways back to the start meny with one big exception - then you watch tv in fullscreen it takes you back to small/splited screen. Overvise it reacts exactly like the green button (with the latest release of MP). However if you (like me) have pictures sorted in subfolders for each mounth - then you have looked in the subdirectory for oktober and you want to go to anouther month you have to find the "stariway", this is not userfriendly if you are in a long list of files/thumbs. Instead it would be nice to press the back button to get to the picture headfolder and then chose another mounth (right now the back button takes you back to the start meny exactly like the green button).

The conclusion is that i am very happy that the green button (that always takes you to the start meny) is implementid but the big score of this is missing if the back function reacts in the same way and dont alouds just small steps back.

A

Anonymous

Callifo said:
    Thats debatable, I mean I prefer it the way it is now. Not everyone is gonna agree[...]
    Exactly why it should be made an option...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom