MCE Remote not working after MS Updates? (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

Is anybody else having issues with their MCE remote all of a sudden stopped working? Can put my finger on it, other than I had about 12 or more windows updates get installed today and it seems to be after that.

Before I started to uninstall them all I just wondered if anybody else had suffered the same problem.

I'm running the generic MCE remote with USB received on Windows 7 x64 Home with MP1.4

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Blair

Hope you're well! :)
    Did the updates trigger a restart? If not, might wanna do a manual restart. Also, ensure the ehrecvr.exe process is running.

mm

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey mm - all good thanks!

Hmmm... looks like that might be the issue - can't see that process running, even after a manual restart. Goodness - wonder what has caused this to stop? I can find the file but I'm unable to manually start it. Perhaps I need to reinstall my MCE receiver?

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ohno second.

Definition: that split second in time when after removing the disk partition and performing a format to reinstall the OS and MediaPortal out of sheer fristration that you remember you've had this problem before. The fix was taking the batteries out of the remote and putting them back in...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The fix was taking the batteries out of the remote and putting them back in...
    Oh man - I'm sorry! The number of times I've been in similar situations...
    It would almost be funny if it weren't so frustrating and time consuming. At least we have more of an "incentive" to remember what we should have remembered first time when stuff like this happens. ;)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The thing was, the remote appeared to be working because the TV power (programmed) was working. The other buttons however weren't. I'd say it's a bug with these remotes as this isn't my first MCE RC6 remote that this has happened to.

All working now thankfully. I'd been meaning to perform a reinstall at some point anyway so not all bad. I always forget how long it actually takes to install the OS updates. I have a pre-SP1 version of the Windows 7 media so it took ages just to get Windows 7 up-to-date before even install any apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom