[solved] MCE remote PAUSE button problem in MP 1.14 Pre (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi guys,

I just updated my MP 1.12 to MP 1.14 Pre and I experience that the PAUSE button is not working properly on my MCE remote anymore.
If I press PAUSE on the remote the video stops for a millisecond but then instantly continues. Only if I hit the button several times it will stop eventually.

I assume it is related or the same issue as some other people reported here with the changes in the HID section of MP.
The remote worked perfectly fine since Pre-MP 1.0. I did an update from 1.12 to Pre1.14 so most likely the issue was already present in MP 1.13 which I btw. explicitly skipped because of the HID changes as I assumed some early adopter issues...
Logs are attached.

EDIT:
Just to clarify. I have followed the instructions with the MCE Remote Add-On of KODI in this Thread. But no success:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rked-fine-in-1-12.133071/page-10#post-1175292

thanks
Terra

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Terra your problem stems from the fact that you have both HID and Media handler activated. You should only use one of them.

[2016-03-05 12:51:57,542] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - MAP: using default mappings for Generic-HID
    [2016-03-05 12:51:57,605] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - MAP: using default mappings for AppCommand

Here is the documentation for our HID handler.
    Here is the documentation for our Media handler.

If you are having further issues please tell us which remote receiver you are using and provide screenshots and logs from our HID Demo.

Last edited:

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That fixed the issue!
    Thank you! :)

I think I have not touched this setting since ages. Strange that it worked before the update.

Just for reference, I use the original Windows MCE Remote with colored buttons and TV power button with the original MCE Receiver from Microsoft.
    =MCE-Remote-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom