MCE remote troubles (1 Viewer)

boonald

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
I got a new mediacenter today and installed it. Everything went fine except for the MCE remote (which i already had).

It's a standard Microsoft remote and it worked fine before. However on my new mediacenter it hardly works. At first It worked but I could only use the directional buttons and the ok button. Nothing else responded.

A few hours later, without changing anything, nothing on the remote works. I have another remote (which came with the case) and that works.

Basicly I have no clue what it could be. i will try with a Logitech remote tomorow and will try some different programs on the mediacenter.

Also, I have checked the box in mediaportal to use the MCE remote.

Specs:

antec veris fusion black
AMD Phenom X3 8450
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
2GB memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
Replies
Views
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
What is the problem with using an IR remote control? IR is the best supported for MP. There used to be available a few RF remote controls for WMC, such as this one and this one by Emprex (they look identical). But as you can see, they are no longer available new from Amazon. You may be able to obtain pre-loved samples from Ebay, but...
What is the problem with using an IR remote control? IR is the best supported for MP. There used to be available a few RF remote...
My problem: ever since I've been using mediaportal I've been using CEC remote. It wasn't a popular solution so it didn't get too...
Replies
Views
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion Remote case. I have pretty much succeeded using IRSS, great! However there is something I would like to know if I could do in a better way. There are some buttons on my remote (e.g.Visualizations, Eject) that...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
Replies
Views
I did some searching around and found vectir Vectir - PC Remote Control App for Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry. It's free and unlike the other IOS apps has the big green button/ Magic!! Neil
I did some searching around and found vectir Vectir - PC Remote Control App for Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry. It's free and...
I have installed MCE Remote IOS App Works fine but stupidly there is no big green button!! Couchpotato no longer exists Anyone...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom