MCE601 question, I think my case has bugs :-) (1 Viewer)

Brijn

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
North vancouver, Canada
Hi,

A question for people how recently bought an MCE601

I finaly got all the hardware yesterday. Mist a few hours of sleep last night, but it's all up and running... Finnay 720/1080i images on the TV ;-)

But something strange.. I got an MCE601 case. The manual says there is a Power switch, Reset switch and a HDD led. If I look in the case the PCB with these connections is obvious and the normal two cables with POWERSW and RESETSW are there (and they work fine). But the third cable pair (white/green I think) doesn't terminate in the normal (black) two pin (female) connector, but in a Molex (power) connector with just the two leads connected. I didn't plug it in afraid of blowing up the LED. That might not happen, but then it would just be a steady light (always on) in stead of HDD activity. The manual does show three "normal" connectors..

Do I have a monday morning model, or did people complain about the blinking LED and do theu just provide a steady LED now.

The second thing is the VFD, it has a parport cable and a power cable. Power cable is plugged in as well as the parport. But the software doesn't see the VFD.. Also, when the PC is running the VFD is not showing anything. I'm guessing that even if the parport is not getting data, it would just show the name of the manufacturer or something. I tried several power connectors. Should it show something?

Tx,
Bas

/Edit: Just noticed that the pics at the Ahanix site http://www.ahanix.com/ahanix_product.asp?pid=25 show the same connector (Green/White with Molex)

Brijn

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
North vancouver, Canada
Resolved

Hi,

My answers where questions in other ways. Just a reply if anybody ever has the same question

1) The Ahanix manual is out of date, there no longer is a HD led. It's just a solid blue led if the machine is switched on

2) The display only comes online when a program is writing to it there is no default text showing.. In my case, my incorrect assumtion was that the Smartie error "Could not write file" had something to with writing to LPT1. While in reality it was about writing to a config file.. And that doesn't work if you try to run it from CD ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom