Media Centre Keyboard Suggestions (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have installed the patch, but i can't seem to get the keyboard to work.
    Trying to use Hauppauge HVR-1300's IR. Am using XP Pro.
    Still have my old wireless keyboard also connected if that's a problem.
    Anyone have an solution?

You have to use the official MCE IR receiver. The Hauppage one wont work unfortunately.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been looking into getting a wireless keyboard myself for my pvr. I looked to Newegg for reviews, and the consensus seems to be that the MCE wireless keyboard is decent, but the mouse functionality is lacking. I'm thinking about getting this one instead. I'd like to be able to fix MP problems from my couch without needing a laptop and UVNC, so this may be the ticket. I'll report back if I end up getting it.

Edna

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi
    I'm using a Logitect Edge keyboard - It has a touchpad and works great. I tried using a Ms mediacenter keyboard but the mouse control was no good.

IceHappy

Portal Member
    July 7, 2006
    Devon England
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a hardware wired keyb and mouse will do that. 1st one is the MCE Keyboard with thumb mouse that in time and practice works. 2nd one is when I need to do more typing as I have had RSI since 1986 is the MS Bluetooth Split Keyboard and ergo Mouse and this option comes with Bluetooth dongle which adds to your system expandability as I just found it works with my mobile bluetooth!!!!! Most of the time I just use MCE IR remote...
    Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom