home
products
contribute
download
documentation
forum
Home
Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
All posts
Latest activity
Members
Registered members
Current visitors
Donate
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Log in
Register
Navigation
Install the app
Install
More options
Contact us
Close Menu
Forums
MediaPortal 1
MediaPortal 1 Talk
Media Portal being sold on ebay!! ??
Contact us
RSS
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Marcusb" data-source="post: 27305" data-attributes="member: 11550"><p>Sigh, your ads are much more upfront now than they used to be but I figure that is mainly due to members of this forum sending emails to eBay and Microsoft. I can't remember the original wording, but it was along the lines of "Windows Media Centre Portal edition" and there was no fine print.</p><p></p><p>From what I understand, you aren't actually doing anything legally wrong, but in my view it is a big moral wrong. There are always people who don't mind doing something that is morally wrong, and if you can live with yourself then that's your choice.</p><p></p><p>Some people here seem a little too upset by this and I can see their reasons. It sucks that Frodo and the others do all this voluteer work and someone else can profit.</p><p></p><p>I know you will keep selling in this way, but we will also keep trying to educate people that the software is intended to be free.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Marcusb, post: 27305, member: 11550"] Sigh, your ads are much more upfront now than they used to be but I figure that is mainly due to members of this forum sending emails to eBay and Microsoft. I can't remember the original wording, but it was along the lines of "Windows Media Centre Portal edition" and there was no fine print. From what I understand, you aren't actually doing anything legally wrong, but in my view it is a big moral wrong. There are always people who don't mind doing something that is morally wrong, and if you can live with yourself then that's your choice. Some people here seem a little too upset by this and I can see their reasons. It sucks that Frodo and the others do all this voluteer work and someone else can profit. I know you will keep selling in this way, but we will also keep trying to educate people that the software is intended to be free. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Post reply
Forums
MediaPortal 1
MediaPortal 1 Talk
Media Portal being sold on ebay!! ??
Contact us
RSS
Top
Bottom