Media Portal / My Music with large libraries... (1 Viewer)

Peter_T

January 8, 2008
Hello all,

I am just settling in to MP and love the video & TV featres but find that the music library / db interface is very awkward for large libraries. Scrolling isn't practical, the search function requires too many steps to get the desired result to act as an every-play tool, no smart playlists, etc.

If you know a CD or two that you want to hear, or if you invested hordes of time building up hand-picked playlists, fine. But with larger libraries you need to get the computer to do the work - dynamic or smart playlists are essential.

I'm sure I'm not alone in having invested enough time getting iTunes just the way I like it, but to launch iTunes from MP is awkward, with the link burried in the plugins sub directory.

just my two cents.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Scrolling isn't practical,

Have you tried using the SMS style input on the Remote?

the search function requires too many steps to get the desired result to act as an every-play

Agreed. You may use the GlobalSearch Plugin for that. You'll find it in the Download section

dynamic or smart playlists are essential

look at the AudioScrobbler plugin, which comes with MP. It should aid you in building smart playlists

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hwahrmann

From SVN Changelist:

MediaPortal Music
    09/01/2008 [10:16h] hwahrmann added: Make GlobalSearch Plugin the Default Search for Music, when plugin is installed / enabled.

Does this mean that globalsearch will replace the old search functionality in myMusic? So I don't have to leave mymusic and search in globalsearch plugin?

If so, this would be GREAT news!

Now only left is to integrate myLyrics into the mymusic section and it will be complete!

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hwahrmann: Do you know why genre icons/images work in music database and not in video database? Did you guys do anything to fix it in the music part? Because I cant get it to work in video section at all :-/

oh and thx for making globalsearch plugin default search. Thats great =)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    to my understanding it should work in video as well. afaik the same type of code is used.
    but i don#t know the code of video, so probably there are some differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom