Media Portal overhead? (1 Viewer)

sunfish

Portal Member
July 18, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Why does MP take so long to initiate streaming of video? I have media on a SSD connected to my router's ReadyShare USB port. When I play any video from that source with MP it takes what seems forever to start streaming. If I use something like VLC to play from the same source playback starts in a matter of seconds. What is it that takes MP so long to respond? It is very annoying.

markosjal

May 14, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Short answer: Windows bloat

Question: why do you even need the shared file to go through MediaPortal? That seems such a waste to me.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Might be worth checking how much cpu is being used and what is using it? What version of Windows do you have and are you familiar with running Task Manager?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's Winn 11 Pro/64.
    Task Manager.....is a way of terminating an unresponsive program for me!!
    Well you can also use the Task Manager to determine what programs are using the resources see the attached screenshot showing MP2 using 2% of the CPU whilst playing TV. Also if you click on the "Performance" tag you can select a view of you graphics usage. It is a very useful tool to help identify why a PC is not performing as expected. Try it and see.

mp2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom