Media Portal/XBMC collaboration for MP control from XBOX (1 Viewer)

smokeman

Portal Member
December 1, 2004
One of the key features for the ultimate home theatre setup is the integration with dvb cards. I was wondering if now that dvb card support is being developed, if there was any collaboration between xbmc devs, and media portal devs, on a control interface for a dedicated mediaportal server from xbmc?

I'll use myth as an example here. I know that there is a python plugin for controling a myth backend server from xbmc. Myth was designed to be a server/client, or backend/frontend platform.
I can't help but wonder, since media portal is ported from xbmc, if a control interface couldn't be more tightly integrated, ala tivo media expander style(2 tivo's talking to each other)

M

mickregan

Is anyone looking at this?

It sounds like a great way to avoid MythTV nightmares

Mick

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
I have already begun working on this.

Currently using pythonn I can
- Schedule Manual Recordings
- Browse the EPG
- Schedule from EPG
- Browse and play recorded TV (Format dependant)
- Start MediaPortal from the Xbox
- Browse Schedules

This is all done using extentions to theWeb Interface.

If anyone would like to help out with this let me know and post becasue I don't get a lot of time so development is slow.

A

Anonymous

Wow this sounds intriguing. Maybe their is a reason to hold onto xbox when xbox 360 is out after all :).

eloo

Portal Pro
January 20, 2005
Aarhus, Denmark
I would like to help, buth Python is not my strong site. Have you tried posting this in the XBMC forum? I am sure they will be more keen to helping you out!

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
UPDATE:
I have moved away from the web extensions to MediaPortal as it was too reliant on the WebInterface which often breaks when changes are made to the MediaPortal Source or databases.

To solve this I have coded a MP plugin in C# which is basically a server that sends out XML data for certain requests over the network. The Python scripts then parse this and present it to the user on the xbox. This

I will try and get some screen shots up when I get a chance. The MP plugin is 80% completed and should be completed in the next 2 weeks given that no problmes arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom