Media Server configuration ?

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by max1106, June 18, 2008.

1. max1106

max1106 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hello all.
    first of all I would like to say thank you for this application. Its a great open source project and I hope that this project will go on. But now the questions.

I orderd the UNITY MEDIA digital cable TV and I would like to use it together with my Media Portal Server.
    What type of hardware should I use and what are your experience with digital cable tv and the Media Portal Server ? My favorite is currently the FireDTV C/CI for DVB-C but I think its too expensive. What are you using ?
    Thanks in advanced for your answers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MdFolter
    • Premium Supporter

MdFolter MP Donator

managing director of tri-tech BV
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Firedtv/floppydtv are my favorites as well. I myself use the terrestrial version (works like a charm) but my brother-in-law uses the cable version. Very good image , rather stable, They just work! But they are expensive.

But considered that they last 3 year, the write off per day will be €0.21 and that's including the alphacrypt CAM :D

regards
    Marcel

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!