MediaMVP open source libraries (1 Viewer)

M

magnayn

I have started an open-source library for controlling the Hauppauge MediaMVP, licenced under the GPL :

http://mediamvplibs.sourceforge.net/

MVP support is often asked in PVR projects - I'd be happy to try and push the library in a direction that is easiest for integration into media portal if someone has the time to do it.

nigeldotmagnayatgmaildotcom

A

Anonymous

NICE now there will be a good support for Hauppauge MediaMVP :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

What's your status with your project?

It would be nice that your project will be intergrated cause I'm eager to use this with my Hauppauge WinTV theater-card. :D

ramengo

July 19, 2005
Thanks for providing this feature.
I want to use MP in a configuration where the "server" stands on my office and the TV is on living room. I've already installed an ethernet link between the rooms and was searching a valid product to act as "client".
Hauppauge MediaMVP seems great for this as its cost is low.
Does anybody know if there are plans to improve that box ?

J

johnvk

I'd LOVE mediaMVP support. I've been playing around with different PVR's, but none of them fit my needs (when using the MVP)

* BeyondTV - does not yet allow adding recordings
* GBPVR - too slow when browsing though music albums
* SageTV - does not allow playback of home-made DVD's that are stored on harddisk

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    magnayn - just wondering if you are still active in developing a solution for this?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't really expect a different result but worth a try. EDIT: I vaguely remember a problem with the dynamic refresh rate changer. Can you try to temporarily deactivate and try again? The other thing is the...
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't...
    Hi team - I know that my profile says I joined in 2008, but I never actually got things set up then. MP1 felt very "raw" at the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom