Mediapad as a remote? (1 Viewer)

Vivid

January 3, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I'm a MP-beginner and I'm trying to figure out what devices to get for the system I want to build.

I'm on a low budget so I plan a setup with my existing satelite receiver, purchase a TV-in card and only use the MP for playing/showing storde data and record with.

The remote control question I have is whether a MediaPad (part of a Logitech DiNovo keyboard) is sufficient for this setup?

Other suggestions, comments, tips etc regarding the setup is offcourse of interest! :)

/V

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
If it's using HID, it should basically work. MediaPortal supports HID multimedia keys.

Best way to find out: Try it. You can't lose anything if you just try it. ;)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I've got a Logitech DiNovo as well. If I remember correctly, at least the volume and mute buttons work in MP without problems. The skip buttons used to work in MyMusic but don't work anymore (maybe since the introduction of the bass engine?). I read somewhere that you have to enable something like "general HID device" in the remote section of the configuration to make it work again but I didn't try that, yet (having a MS MCE remote, too).

What you should definetely try is the external display plugin, where the display on your mediapad is supported. Looks very cool but has only text support, no graphics (yet?).

cheers, Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom