MediaPortal 0.2.3 and mirrored video (1 Viewer)

jonolo

Portal Member
November 17, 2007
Hi all,

I just installed MediaPortal on my new HTPC (Vista 32, ATI HD2600 with Catalyst 7.10) but all xvid videos plays back mirrored. I don't have any problem playing the same videos in Vista Media Center or Zoom Player.

I have done some googleing and forum search but could not find any solution...

Any help would be much appreciated.
Kind regards

Jonas

jonolo

Portal Member
November 17, 2007
I am just using the default configuration after the installation, which under the movie player section in Configuration for me is:

MPEG-2: MPV Decoder Filter
H.264 video decoder: ffdshow Video Decoder
Audi Decoder: MPA Decoder filter
Audio render: Default DirectSound device

When playing back xvid in zoom player using ffdshow everything is normal... I have tried to change H.264 to Cyberlink H.264 filter and ffdshow raw video filter with no success... Is it H.264 setting that affects XVID videos?

Kind regards

Jonas O

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I just got the same problem.
First everything was working fine for me.
Then I went to play a movie file and it was running mirrored.
I went to MP Configuration tool and changed the H.264 video decoder from CoreAVC video decoder (witch was default) to ffdshow video decoder to see if there is any difference. Then I realized that it won´t play anything anymoore. Even TV is not comeing on. I can see that TV server is starting to stream the channel but TV picture wont show up.
Even when I try to change that CoreAVC video decoder back, it still wont work. I allready tryed to reinstal whole MP with SVN but still it wont start to play.
What happened????

Ou yes, I got the same thing. My MediaPlayer calissic is playng every video file as they should be...

Hi, Jonolo...

I was playing around with my MP and found out that I had some issue with my ffdshow... Like Lomax01 was trying to expalin.
I had a codec pack in my HTPC and it was actually doing something in a bacround and that´s why my ffdhow wasn´t working propally.
I resolved my issue, I hope U will too...

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this often has its reason, because of installing a codec pack. Do not do that! You do not need it! Most of the time, you won't get rid of it without a new installation of you OS. :(

For 95% of your video files you only need:
    ffdshow (for XviD, DivX, and many more formats)
    One Mpeg decoder (ffdshow, MPV, DScaler, nVidia, Cyberlink, etc)
    Haali (for mkv and avis with multiple audio streams)

Go to Start->ffdshow->Video Konfiguration and check / uncheck the "Flip" section. Hopefully that will do it.

HTH,
    Flip.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When playing back xvid in zoom player using ffdshow everything is normal... I have tried to change H.264 to Cyberlink H.264 filter and ffdshow raw video filter with no success... Is it H.264 setting that affects XVID videos?
    you can not define which codec is used for xvid inside MediaPortal.
    it will just used the "default codec" which Windows tells it.

i am 100% sure that this "flip" setting is enabled in ffdshow.
    thats one of the reasons why i do not use it.

all additional codecs i got installed here are divx, xvid and coreavc. and ofc i do not have that "mirrowed" issue which is reported quite frequently atm in this forum by ffdshow users ;)

jonolo

Portal Member
    November 17, 2007
    Well, I haven't installed any decoder pack myself, but I did a install of zoom player before MediaPortal, which installs ffdshow, Haali media splitter and DScaler5.

And when I am using Media Player, which I assume just uses the windows default way of playing xvid videos and according to file properties uses fdshow to play the file shows it the correct way.

I have tried set/unset flip and mirror settings in ffdshow, but no changes in media portal but zoom player and media player get mirrored/flipped video output...

No other suggestions?

Sincerely

Jonas

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well. Instead of guessing we should simply look at the filters MP uses. :)

1) Download Graphedit: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_graphedit_141.html
    2) Run MP (windowed)
    3) Run Graphedit
    4) In Graphedit File->Connect to Remote Graph
    5) Remember which graphs are shown, do not select one, those are from your TV card
    6) Play a video within MP
    7) In Graphedit File->Connect to Remote Graph and select the new one
    8) Make a screenshot of the filters MP uses

Flip.

jonolo

Portal Member
    November 17, 2007
    Solved!

I just uninstalled ffdshow and then installed a later version and everything works like it should...

Thanks for all the help!

Now I only have to get the MP WebInterface to work... I just get a "TVDatabase not found..." error when trying to configure it...

\Cheers

Jonas

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

well. Instead of guessing we should simply look at the filters MP uses. :)

1) Download Graphedit: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_graphedit_141.html
    2) Run MP (windowed)
    3) Run Graphedit
    4) In Graphedit File->Connect to Remote Graph
    5) Remember which graphs are shown, do not select one, those are from your TV card
    6) Play a video within MP
    7) In Graphedit File->Connect to Remote Graph and select the new one
    8) Make a screenshot of the filters MP uses

Flip.
    that is no longer needed FlipGer! :)

::read more::

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom