[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 ALPHA - Released (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BAckup plugin & 1.1.0

Hi,
    Perhaps someone could clarify something for me. I've never really understood exactly how the backup plugin works. Is it a safe way to move settings between versions (i.e. does it translate a setting from one version to the next perhaps by using an API based SetThis/SetThat interface to re-set all of the users state), or does it simply backup files and put them back into place. I assume that if it does that latter then it is not really a very good idea to use it to move between versions, is this correct? I assume things like the export of channels from the tv server is a pretty safe way to move things though?

Many thanks

Andy

PS In case you are wondering I was thinking of ways to setup a 1.1.0 system based on my current tuning settings...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Perhaps someone could clarify something for me. I've never really understood exactly how the backup plugin works. Is it a safe way to move settings between versions (i.e. does it translate a setting from one version to the next perhaps by using an API based SetThis/SetThat interface to re-set all of the users state), or does it simply backup files and put them back into place. I assume that if it does that latter then it is not really a very good idea to use it to move between versions, is this correct? I assume things like the export of channels from the tv server is a pretty safe way to move things though?

Many thanks

Andy

PS In case you are wondering I was thinking of ways to setup a 1.1.0 system based on my current tuning settings...

The TV-Server can be upgraded - your existing config therefore won't be changed at all. Just MediaPortal itself has to be deinstalled.
    If a backup plugin would do all the needed changes then the team would provide such a solution for sure ;)

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    thanks for the release dewds, appreciate all the work that you do so I can sit here and be entertained by my media system! :)

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hehe ... 1.02 is rock stable and the WAF is now up to 100% ...

and now? :D

thx for your work

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hehe ... 1.02 is rock stable and the WAF is now up to 100% ...

and now? :D

thx for your work

now you pray that 1.1.0alpha is as rock stable, as you truely know you will end up upgrading to it even though maybe is not neccesary :p

good luck.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As MySQL 5 is now the default database engine - does it make sense to switch from MSSQL to MySQL? In the past it was sometimes problematic cause most of the devs used MSSQL and so some things were more optimized for MSSQL than MySQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom