[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC5 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, wanted to install.
    But Installation terminates saying my operating system is not supported.
    I am running vista 32 sp1. Did You ban VISTA ?
    Thanks

Vista with at least SP1 is still on the list of supported operating systems:
    GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Are you using any kind of beta/rc version of vista or the service pack ?

mars

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Thanks, flokel,
    for your fast response. It's an official release of VISTA Home Premium SP1. I had MP 1.0.2 running on it for a long time.
    I uninstalled all of MP1.0.2 and then the installer of RC5 never worked (same with RC4 and RC3).
    Is there any workaround ?

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

@infinite.loop
    Can you please explain why this Can't change channel after pause live tv bug is postponed to 1.2.0 and classified as a no showstopper?
    For me and i think for other users who watch often TV with MP it is major issue which should not be contained in the final version 1.1.0.
    Also like pilehave says it worked in RC2.

I agree. This bug is really annoying. Don't understand why it is classified as a no showstopper.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi!

@infinite.loop
    Can you please explain why this Can't change channel after pause live tv bug is postponed to 1.2.0 and classified as a no showstopper?
    For me and i think for other users who watch often TV with MP it is major issue which should not be contained in the final version 1.1.0.

I agree. This bug is really annoying. Don't understand why it is classified as a no showstopper.

Thanks esas. If infinite.loop does not want to answer, then maybe someone else from the team?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks, flokel,
    for your fast response. It's an official release of VISTA Home Premium SP1. I had MP 1.0.2 running on it for a long time.
    I uninstalled all of MP1.0.2 and then the installer of RC5 never worked (same with RC4 and RC3).
    Is there any workaround ?
    Please be awere that this thread here is not meant to be used for support.
    Please start a seperate thread in the bugreport forum linked to in the RC5 release news.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!

@infinite.loop

Thanks esas. If infinite.loop does not want to answer, then maybe someone else from the team?
    I was busy with other things as you will see on the homepage during the next few hours.

What is a showstopper bug?
    A issue which will prevent you from using a feature.
    So if dvb-s2 support would not work, or multiseat setup, or if mp3 playback would be broken, or if there would be an issue in the skinengine which causes that you can nolonger reach several buttons, etc.

This issue is annoying, yes. But it does not prevent you from watching TV as i.e. mantis 2953 does.

But you can be assured that this issue will be fixed soon after 1.1.0 release. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom