MediaPortal 1.1 Games Pack (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Some posts moved from another thread, so every post in this thread does not make sense :)

SilentExcept: To keep your post on top, I had to edit timestamp:
    Yesterday, 04:32
    :D

Good work!
    (And if you ever get bored, there seems to be many waiting for an updated version of the Generic Remote Plugin :D)

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    hi, i will try to take a look at these slowness (in most of the games) in the latest mp.. i have no idea what's changed internally to cause this because game plugin code wasn't changed much since the start.. and i'm pretty sure in latest svn version i had installed on test machine everything was playing nice & smoothly..

Actually I had this issue since a couple of SVNs ago on XP. On W7 it never worked fine even with the same SVN that I used on XP.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I've reported my findings and timings to Moving Pictures team and as they were also having similar problems while scrolling, armandp has fixed the SetProperty function and built this test Core.dll for RC1 users ONLY which fixes the slowness in loading Minesweeper (loads in 2 seconds now)..

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/590093-post34.html

Download and see if it makes any difference :)

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I've reported my findings and timings to Moving Pictures team and as they were also having similar problems while scrolling, armandp has fixed the SetProperty function and built this test Core.dll for RC1 users ONLY which fixes the slowness in loading Minesweeper (loads in 2 seconds now)..

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/590093-post34.html

Download and see if it makes any difference :)

Now Hexxagon is fine with this on W7. :D

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1 Games Pack

Hi SilentExcept,

great you working on the old games..... Yep, I did not have much time to look at all of them in the past. But I noticed also that the SetProperty was not working correctly. For example if you open Hexxagon and then Minesweeper the GFX is destroyed. It seems the MP will not release the objects correctly. I never spent time to go deeper into the core. Playing only one game a time was never a problem.

Nice to see people still like these games. Thank you for you help!
    You know it is always appreciated.

kroko :)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Since most of the games in this pack (not all) weren't maintained or updated for 1.1, here is the MediaPortal games pack i compiled for my personal use. It contains all the games for the MP i could find:

Simon Say v0.6.1.1

Also, i have to mention that I don't have time to maintain all these games. But IMO, that's not a problem since all of these games were time-proofed :) I will try to fix major bugs (there is one in Frustration and Minesweeper slow start for now).

Have fun!

I have tried Simon Say. I think I installed the mpi version, which says v.0.6.1.2.

I experience an extrem short time span to repeat the colour scheme. It is only about 0.5 seconds. Nearly impossible to click this fast. This makes the plugin unusable. I remember that this problem existed a long time ago. Maybe I had the wrong version. Could anyone try, if you can reproduce this?

BTW, it would be nice to have the package or the single games as mpi versions again. It is not easy to put the .dll, the language and or config folder all in the right place. Also it would be nice to include at least the blue3 skin files.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom