[News] MediaPortal 1.10.0 Pre-Release ready! (1 Viewer)

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice job! Currently stuck at mp 1.6, so i think i should upgrade really soon to a newer:) The problem is a bit that lately the updates aren't that impressive. After mp 1.6 there aren't many new features added, beside bugfixes. Does this mean there will be more focus on mediaportal 2.0? Don't get me wrong, i really like the 3 month releasescheduler. But i just have the idea there aren't any new big features added to MP 1.x anymore. And i'm still to scared to uninstall mp 1.x for mp2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is a bit that lately the updates aren't that impressive. After mp 1.6 there aren't many new features added, beside bugfixes.
    But i just have the idea there aren't any new big features added to MP 1.x anymore.
    We're running low on developers.

Does this mean there will be more focus on mediaportal 2.0?
    That's a personal choice for each developer.

And i'm still to scared to uninstall mp 1.x for mp2.
    That's a "false choice". You can have both installed at the same time.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One quick question. The integrated SQLite integrity check, does it only include the databases of the Mediaportal core installation or also the ones of Moving Pictures etc?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The integrated SQLite integrity check, does it only include the databases of the Mediaportal core installation or also the ones of Moving Pictures etc?
    Only the plugin databases (SQLite), since the core database used for TV is MySQL ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My interpretation of the question was whether the check only applied to the default video and music etc. SQLite databases, or also to third party plugin SQLite databases. Not sure of the answer, but I'm not sure if the answer given directly addresses the question. ;)

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My interpretation of the question was whether the check only applied to the default video and music etc. SQLite databases, or also to third party plugin SQLite databases. Not sure of the answer, but I'm not sure if the answer given directly addresses the question. ;)
    Yep that was the intention. Till now i use a script which Rochess wrote which checks all plugin databases on the restart of the PC to see if they are okay. If they are, it makes a backup, if not it restores a backup. Had so many trouble which corrupted My TV Series DB's that i had to go that way.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    One quick question. The integrated SQLite integrity check, does it only include the databases of the Mediaportal core installation or also the ones of Moving Pictures etc?

We check only the default databases:

FolderDatabase3.db3
    MusicDatabaseV13.db3
    PictureDatabase.db3
    VideoDatabaseV5.db3

Who is the author of the Moving Pictures?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My interpretation of the question was whether the check only applied to the default video and music etc. SQLite databases,
    You are right, i'm mixing up things and too quick with the reply. :oops:
    And i see regeszter already confirmed which databases are included.(y)

Who is the author of the Moving Pictures?
    @fforde is the owner.

Users who are viewing this thread