Mediaportal 1.5 crashing (1 Viewer)

talcbaby

Portal Pro
June 15, 2011
Home Country
Wales Wales
When watching a film or tv show on MP, if a foreign speaking part comes up I insert a mouse right click and enable the subtitle. I have just updated my mediaportal to 1.5, if I try and do this the show/film stops and MP crashes in which I have to manually shutdown my pc. Also no subtitles.
Can anyone help please.
I have tried using the subtitle plugin in the past but have problems with it as the subtitles always come up even during English speaking parts.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi talcbaby,

Yes, we can help, if you help us ;)
    Please fill in your System Specs & post full debug logs (after trying to reproduce this issue).

Link with more info on how to collect logs, can be found in my signature.

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    heres a debug log but was unable to recreate my problem as Tv Series and Moving Pictures did not appear in this mode. Not sure if this is helpfull.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As an alternative you could set the log level to debug in MP Config (General section) yourself. As soon as the problem occurs, you close MP and zip up all the logs and attach them here.
    The above logs don't show much indeed.

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    ok so i set the log level to debug mode in MP config. How do i zip all the files and where are they. I have to manually shutdown pc as im unable to do anything else like close down MP. Ive done another debug log after i re started my pc. so i doubt this will give you any info but its all i can do.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Open MP Windows configuration
    1. Set log to to debug mode as you already did

2. Disable MP autostart on Windows start
    ScreenShot009.png

3. Exit config and start MP and let it crash

4. Reboot if you can do nothing after crash

5. Open Mp Windows configuration again

6. Select there Log folder from the drop down list (upper left corner "User config files" option)
    ScreenShot006.png

7. You will see bunch of logs
    ScreenShot007.png

8. Select them all (I mean all, not only where filename is like MediaPortal) and click right mouse button and use your archiver to make archive (rar in this case below - filename is taken from folder name automatically) and post here created archive
    ScreenShot008.png

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    i done as you requested. Not sure where to find the files after archive. found this tho in team mediaportal, hope its right.

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    was this correct? any feedback would be great as it has crashed again recently while i was doing something different. i was skipping through a movie a bit quickly and it crashed. really annoying now.
    Also now and again the picture goes a fuzzy green. that might be a cable thats on its way out maybe,

talcbaby

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    It's not the skin as I've tried the same thing in a different skin and it still crashes

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I can't see anything particular except that you bloated MP with working and not working plugins. This doesn't mean that they are cause of your problems but what I would do in your situation is to see if clean virgin MP works.

You don't need to uninstall or delete anything and good part is that you don't use TV part so you can just rename main MP folders and keep everything in case you want it back (just delete new folders and rename back original folders):

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal -> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal_OLD

and

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal -> C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal_OLD

Install 1.5.0 without any plugin (not even Titan extension), configure some things if you need (language, startup settings), use Default Wide skin as it is light and doesn't need many resources, all video codecs set to use LAV filters, add share in MyVideos where your video files are (don't setup anything in Videodatabase part as you don't need it) and start MP and open My Videos and try to play something or what you did when you have crash.
    If it crash than problem is not easy to determine as it can be anything (even bad PowerSupply :)), if all goes well add plugins (MoPi & TVSeries) which you like via MediaPortal Extension Installer but one by one, configure them and try. After is just a matter of q to get back some of your settings and databases but that is harder to do if you don't know very good MP and plugins technical things (where are config files, databases, thumbs....), or use new installation and do all from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom