MediaPortal 1 System Requirement of NET Framework 3.5 and Net Framework 4 (1 Viewer)

showmedia

Portal Member
August 24, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Will I need to install both NET Framework 3.5 and NET Framework 4 together? for MP1 application support for Windows 10.
Are all radio plugins EU based with no U.S. plugins to function?
All I could do was insert a URL for the builtin radio card of MP1, to not connect to a station.

Attachments

• MP1 Built In Radio Web Stream Card URL.PNG
    MP1 Built In Radio Web Stream Card URL.PNG
    42.7 KB

showmedia

Portal Member
August 24, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have found out Windows 10 OS is pre-installed with .NET Framework 3.5 & .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services,
with (Programs & Features) to turn on or off as of-Sept 6th, 2021.

Attachments

• Windows Features-to Turn, Off.PNG
    Windows Features-to Turn, Off.PNG
    19.1 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are all radio plugins EU based with no U.S. plugins to function?
    The Radio Time plugin (available in the MPExtention Manager) is still working (Win 10 MP 1.29pre) and will connect to the "TuneIn" internet radio application which covers the USA by state (loads and loads of stations) and the rest of the world as well. You will need to set up a free (not the premium trial) account on TuneIn TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts and you just put the credentials into the plugin config (confusingly now listed as TuneIn). and enable it in the skin if neccessary. See screenshots below.
    P.S. From memory I think you will need to select your favourite stations first in the app. and they will then show in MP1, I'm not sure but searching for and selecting favourites in MP either did not work for me or was very clumsy (maybe due to using remote:unsure:).
    UPDATE:-
    Searching and adding to favourites is working fine, it is just a bit clumsy using the on screen kb and remote as opposed to a real KB!;)

radio1.jpg radio2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom