[News] MediaPortal 2 Alpha 2 released (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 - Alpha 2 release !

After you might have read about the new release here, finally there it is! The next MediaPortal 2 alpha release - dubbed Alpha 2 - is out the door.

Although progress since the winter-release has been immense, please be aware that this is still an alpha release and therefor not meant to be used on a productive system. Make sure that you read the instructions at the end of this news regarding installation, upgrade and extension compatibility.

Please use this thread to discuss the related news: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-2-alpha-2-released

Last edited:

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this great news!
    I cant wait until this comes to productive, as I dont have a dedicated test system.

Anyway, I will make a full backup and test on my HTPC Server the next days.

I am not a very advanced users, but I work in IT and I am called a "developer". But I did not follow the MP2 development and discussion very closely as i could not bring it to my own environment without getting a lot of trouble with my w... WAF. ;-)

The most important thing I miss in this news is information about how to use TV. For example, I got a 1.3 Server running. What to do to get a MP2 TV feeling? :)

THANKS!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the download include a live TV plugin or the new TV server?

I really like to know that too, see my first answer. More TV information please. :D

I quote my answer from the pre-release testing thread. There you also still find the current test builds for TV support in Alpha 2:
    Edit 2013-06-03: There were already some requests about TV support in MP2. You have 2 ways to get TV working: 1) The solid one using the SlimTV-MPExtended (0.50) provider. This version connects to an installed MP1-TvServer+configured MPExtended service (this means you have them installed on a computer in your network, not required on local PC!) 2) The fresh but still experimental "Native" version. This build is based on the new "TVE3.5" core and is hosted directly inside MP2-Server as a plugin. You cannot run MP1-TvServer and this plugin on same computer concurrently! So you have the choice: you can either take 1) or 2), trying both of them concurrently will fail: there can be only one! You need to download the preferred plugins from the attachment here and extract them into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal" folder. The archives contain matching paths to place required plugins into server and client. After extraction, restart the MP2-Service! If you chose the way 2) you need to make a channel scan with the supplied: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\SetupTv\SetupTV.exe" We are working on our wiki to provide a more help how to install and use those plugins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom