"MediaPortal 2 requires DirectX 9.0c Runtime to be installled," but it is. (1 Viewer)

ChemEGuy

August 2, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello.

I'm a newbie attempting to migrate from WMC on a Windows 7 machine. I've not been able to run the setup due to an error stating that I need to have DirectX 9.0c. But I've installed that several times now, receiving an "installation complete" messages each time. I rebooted the machine and reinstalled it again but I still receive the error message. Can anyone offer suggestions for how to handle this? Thank you.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not me who is bashing around here. Every new user gets a "nice welcome" from Edalex telling him he's an idiot as he is trying MP2... But who is to blame??? Me...:mad:
    We all know he don't like MP2 so why can't he stay away from MP2 related threads as he definitely isn't able to write anything productive or useful in such threads related to MP2.
    I don't write in any MP1 threads any more as I'm not interested in MP1 any longer. But he can't stop trolling around in MP2 threads and we are loosing new users instantly due to his "really nice":mad: posts.

ChemEGuy

August 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, everyone, for your input. To answer Edalex's question, I chose MP 2 simply to opt for the more current version. It was not apparent to me that it was still in development since I hovered over the "download" tab on the main page, which shows a menu which does not make this distinction. Had I clicked through "download" and learned more I might have selected MP 1. As it is I've used the download link provided by Lehmden and Breese and installation seems to have completed without a problem. Thank you both for your help.

FWIW, I'm still on Windows 7. Windows Media Center has been unreliable recently, probably because of a change in providers for its Electronic Program Guide. I wanted to give Media Portal a try to see if I can be done with WMC.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    @ ChemEGuy,

years ago I was fed up with MCE, checked out MePo, back then we had only one, and never looked back. I know it's not easy to set up MePo but when you got it, you will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom