Mediaportal and all in one touch screen computers (1 Viewer)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am looking at getting an Asus ET2300 touchscreen all in one PC and use that as a mediaportal client in the kitchen.

Does Mediaportal support touch screen all in ones? If I could use MP with just the touch screen, that would be fantastic. If this is not possible, is it on the MP2 roadmap and will it ever be implemented?

Thanks

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try to use Mediaportal with a mouse.. Everything you can click with it is what you can touch aswell.. Doesnt tried it myself as Mediaportal is designed by using it with a remote control, but I think it would work fine using it on a touchscreen. :) you only need to check if the topbar is enabled (it is by dedault) as this will help you a lot by taking control of a lot of actions.

cunnox

Portal Member
    October 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Same situation, touchscreen only pc in the kitchen. I had to give up, could not find a skin that supported touch only. Would be interested in anyones experience to the contrary.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From memory someone was working on a touch screen friendly skin. I think the project got abandoned. There might be a 3rd party program you can download that will overlay some configurable buttons on top of MP, as you only need arrows + enter + esc + F9 (+/- H key) to pretty much do everything with MP.

eg. http://www.virtual-keyboard.com/index.html

or. http://hot-virtual-keyboard.com/

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If this is not possible, is it on the MP2 roadmap and will it ever be implemented?
    In my (personal) opinion MP2 can be way better controlled by mouse than MP1. And what you can click, you can "tap" as well.

There are of course some limitations, like scrolling lists with touch only is not yet possible. But we are currently discussing and planning how input should be done better for MP2, also to support some gestures like WPF does. So we might have a full touch-able MP2 in future (if a dev gets a touch device ;))

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If this is not possible, is it on the MP2 roadmap and will it ever be implemented?
    In my (personal) opinion MP2 can be way better controlled by mouse than MP1. And what you can click, you can "tap" as well.

There are of course some limitations, like scrolling lists with touch only is not yet possible. But we are currently discussing and planning how input should be done better for MP2, also to support some gestures like WPF does. So we might have a full touch-able MP2 in future (if a dev gets a touch device ;))

Nice. Thank you for the informative response. I sure do hope we get a fully touchy-feely MP at some point![DOUBLEPOST=1368216917][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Same situation, touchscreen only pc in the kitchen. I had to give up, could not find a skin that supported touch only. Would be interested in anyones experience to the contrary.

Yeah, can imagine that you wont be able to natively scroll up and down lists with your finger as you can do on an ipad. But still, lets see what MP2 has to offer.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PureVisionHD 1080 offers complete usage with mouse and therefore with touchscreen as well even in lists (scrollbar) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom