MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (6 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

So does only ATI HDMI works flawlessly with the Audio renderer?

Could any other HDMI audio GPU-users report too (Intel...)?

Indeed we need some more test reports. I personally cannot use anything else than SPDIF from MB on two different PCs (both work without any issues) and NVIDIA HDMI in shared mode WASAPI (ony 48000 / 2 channels possible in that - others require exclusive mode).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

tourettes
    i missed the last weeks of this thread. Is now multichannel AC3 working? I think a lot of people are waiting for that feature. I mean who watches Stereo today? :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    with v5 version it work even with the new card Xonar DX. (no ac3 encoding)

23-08-2010 11:56:58.302 [ 278] InitAudioClient service initialization success

Also no errors in the log. WASAPI / drivers report that the initialization was ok. No clue what goes wrong with that earlier version.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

@tourettes
    i missed the last weeks of this thread. Is now multichannel AC3 working? I think a lot of people are waiting for that feature.

AC3 + multichannel is working already.

I mean who watches Stereo today? :)

Me, I & Myself... There is no AC3 (FTA) TV channels around here.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Most of time starts fine but everytime getting worst and became unable to hear after few seconds .

If that sample code doesn't work, then most likely we are seeing broken drivers. It would be good if ASUS could comment why that MS sample code doesn't work on their HW / drivers.

Audio
    ID : 0
    Formato : PCM
    Codec ID : 1
    Codec ID/Consiglio : Microsoft
    Durata : 4min 27s
    BitRate : 1 411,2 Kbps
    Canali : 2 canali
    SamplingRate : 44,1 KHz
    BitDepth/String : 16 bits

Could you upload that WAV and I'll test / make sure that it works on other devices.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    with v5 version it work even with the new card Xonar DX. (no ac3 encoding)

23-08-2010 11:56:58.302 [ 278] InitAudioClient service initialization success

Also no errors in the log. WASAPI / drivers report that the initialization was ok. No clue what goes wrong with that earlier version.

Tourettes . forget about last messages. there are no problems at all with drivers. logs attached.
    With Xonar DX even with Terratec Aureon I have to disable Dolby digital live features and set spd/if to pcm.
    in this case audio renderer can use the device (pcm or bitstreaming).
    the main difference between v5 and v6,v7 is that v5 sounds good and v6,v7 sounds with a lot of click /pops and void.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Hi,

I have made some tests with the latest version.

The only way to get sound is using DirectSound but only on channels without AC3 Tracks.
    On AC3 channels I get only some cracks/hickups.
    AC3Encoding option also didn't work.

I have an ATI 5670 via HDMI connected to an Onky TX-NR807. Realtek HDMI 2.49 Driver
    Windows 7, ffdshow, Cyberlink Codecs

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

AC3Encoding option also didn't work.

I have an ATI 5670 via HDMI connected to an Onky TX-NR807. Realtek HDMI 2.49 Driver
    Windows 7, ffdshow, Cyberlink Codecs

23-08-2010 12:43:38.438 [ 15bc] WASAPIRenderer::InitAudioClient format supported
    23-08-2010 12:43:38.458 [ 15bc] WASAPIRenderer::InitAudioClient Initialize failed (0x80070057)

1) please test disabling the exclusive mode setting from the registry - the issue looks quite much what it looks with the broken NVIDIA drivers
    2) please test if Sample - WASAPI exclusive-mode event-driven playback app, including the HD Audio alignment dance - Matthew van Eerde's web log - Site Home - MSDN Blogs fails as well (play-exclusive.exe is in the zip).

Hi,

I have made some tests with the latest version.

The only way to get sound is using DirectSound but only on channels without AC3 Tracks.
    On AC3 channels I get only some cracks/hickups.

DirectSound is currently not "actively" developed (not sure if arion still uses it :)) - AC3 tracks could cause some format negotiation issue, althou the log shows that PCM was used. I'll have a look on that whole DirectSound support at some later stage, currently I'm just focusing the more important WASAPI.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes . forget about last messages. there are no problems at all with drivers. logs attached.
    With Xonar DX even with Terratec Aureon I have to disable Dolby digital live features and set spd/if to pcm.
    in this case audio renderer can use the device (pcm or bitstreaming).
    the main difference between v5 and v6,v7 is that v5 sounds good and v6,v7 sounds with a lot of click /pops and void.

Strange thing is that the v5 works, since it is as well using the event based mode (the same as play-exclusive.exe - that is failing as well).

Also when the pop / click is occurring it wont leave any trace into the audio renderer log, this means that we manage to fill all the buffer requests that the driver / WASAPI is making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom