MediaPortal Automation (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Vuego, I've heard of Event Ghost but not used it.

I >think< it would be doing what HomeSeer does for me, responding to external events and then firing off something.

(I just wanted this functionality so that I could make a Radio Clock originally, no one ever told me why I could only get the TV/Radion playing for a few seconds. Now this just presses buttons and it works out of the box using a simple text socket. So I'm happy that I managed to get this to work!)

Overall, I think Event Ghost might be, sort of, a backward step. HomeSeer has a lot of capabilites (voice recognition, X-10, Z-Wave, email etc.), but I will have a look to see what it actually does.

So, thank you.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    New version

New version makes sending a list of commands much simpler as the example code in the edited first post shows - no reader!

Note that the commands to the plugin (not MediaPortal) are now moved to their own Commands=".."" element.

In addition the port can be configured - should you really want to (in case you're interested the number comes from the ASC values of "AI", Autoation Interface.)

I think that's it. It works and allows me to push buttons from a remote system without clever programming and trying to understand how the TV server (or anything else) works!

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    New version

Some smallish changes in the Process plugin, but more importantly you can now test it from inside MediaPortal as there is a windows plugin called Automator. See Version.txt for more detail.

Same set up as before download, unzip, open command window and, if the paths in the SetUp.Cmd are correct, run it.

All the set up does is to copy the process and windows dlls, three screen xmls and one configuration file.

Note that it can now run an external Bat/Cmd file too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom