Mediaportal can shut down while recording (1 Viewer)

zator

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello.

I have a bit of a problem. If i accidently hit the shutdown button while my HTPC is recording, it will send the computer to sleep. I would much rather like if it just didn't do anything during the recording.
Is there a way to make that happen?

Best regards
Peter.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not knowing your setup, is this a dedicated HTPC box, OS , etc.. I will give it a shot.
    If you are running XP right click on the desktop, launching the display properties
    Select screensaver, monitor power button
    Select the advanced tab
    There is a drop down box labeled, “when I push the power button do this”, select “nothing” or “ask me”
    Save and close

I never use the power button, I let the power scheduler plug-in take of turning the PC on and off...

zator

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm using windows 7 rc as OS and the computer is being used as a dedicated htpc.

I thought about just letting the HTPC idle into sleep, but figured it would be more neat if it couldnt go sleep while recording, even if you hitted the shutdown button :).

ssjunior

Portal Member
    October 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I am using Win 7 too and I think that Mediaportal should not let HTPC going to sleep while recording if you hit the power button.

I was using Windows Media Center and if you press the power button 2 things could happen:

1 - If it is not recording or if you are watching something, the computer sleeps immediately.

2 - If it is recording, the monitor is turned off, the imon LCD is turned off and ONLY AFTER recording finishes the computer goes to sleep.

This is the ideal solution. Is it possible to MP prevent sleep when I hit the power button if it is recording something?

Kind regards

ssjunior

ssjunior

Portal Member
    October 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi Usualsuspect,

I already tried GMPS, but, I didnt find any option to NOT go to prevent sleeping wilhe recording. I tried to install the MP plugin too, but, no success.

I will try again and let you know what happens.

kind regards

ssjunior

PS: Nice work with GMPS!! Very nice!

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    there is a check box in start/shutdown: "avoid shutdown/suspend during gmps action". enable it.
    goersch promised to publish a new "stable" version soon, this should be even better (concerning the away mode...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom