Mediaportal capabilities, esp w torrents (1 Viewer)

bluenote

Portal Member
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey guys

I'm considering switching my SageTV HTPC over to mediaportal. First let me say that I'm really happy with what I have, because sage plus its plugins is a really great offering, and I've been using and customizing it for more than 5 years.
Recently, sage has gotten a lot prettier with integration of fan art for many features through plugins, and at the same time I've been sourcing my content through torrents more and more. Primarily through 'torrent episode downloader' which is an awesome piece of software that I heartily recommend.

So finally to my question -- which is multi part

1) I'm interested in the various ways and options for integrating torrents into the media portal interface. Right now, my automatic TED downloads get imported, meta data downloaded, and fan art downloaded and applied to menus/folders/banners/etc. What I'm missing is some way of downloading either single shows, or multiple shows 'on demand' from the interface. If I want to download a particular episode I'm missing for some reason, or download a particular movie, its pull out the keyboard time and switch out of sage. I understand the myTvSeries? plugin has some of these plugins, and I know there's a torrent plugin, but I'm afraid I just don't have the complete picture. Whats the torrent integration with mediaportal like?

2) How is the fanart / metadata / etc automatic importation working for you? (I assume that mediaportal actually has this feature to be honest). I mean, it LOOKS like it does.

3) I have a windows mobile phone, and a sage based extender. I use orb for the mobile phone at the moment, but the extender would probably have to function in standalone 'reading file shares' mode, either that or run Sage in parallel. Can anybody comment on these two areas of mobile access and extenders/second or third seats?

4) Anybody have experience with sage also and care to give a comparison?

Thanks a lot guys. I did so a fair bit of searching, and I actually tried to install the software to see for myself, but I can't seem to get it to run properly in VMware, and, I'm sure you guys are the same, not a lot of experimentation is welcome on my main HTPC because when it goes down, nobody is happy.

Thanks for any comments input or suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom