[no Bug] Mediaportal "closes" when starting TV (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: StramdMP
    Windows Version: Windows7 64bit
    CPU Type: i3
    1. TV Card: Digital devices
    1. TV Card Type: v6
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:

Strange things happening ...

I switched in the Codec Section to Video Mixing Renderer 9 as the other one (always since I'm using MP ~ 3years ...)leads to stuttering pictures (how to explain - seems as the picture is spliited and not in sync when you have movements ...).

But now when I start MP and switch to "TV" the GUI closes down - I need to restart it via the Desktop shortcut (which brings it up immediately without the loading Procedure - so I assume it's only some sort of minimizing) but then i need to stop the TV and start it again to make it work (sometime there is no picture, sometime only picture and no sound). Afterwards everything is fine ... 'm at work now so no logs at the moment but still wanted to ask if there is any idea what to look after ...?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pur_berger

You should definitely use EVR if possible on W7.

I switched in the Codec Section to Video Mixing Renderer 9 as the other one (always since I'm using MP ~ 3years ...)leads to stuttering pictures (how to explain - seems as the picture is spliited and not in sync when you have movements ...).
    That sounds like the picture is not being deinterlaced. You should check your codecs and video card settings to ensure that deinterlacing is enabled, either in the codecs or in the video card driver.

mm

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Mediaportal "closes" when starting TV

OK - so O have reenabled the EVR now - and the TV starts again ok as it should.

The Problem I always had was "Tearing" as discribed in the Wiki - what I don't understand is that I always had this (on my Videos - TV is now a new Usage for me) when using EVR - shutiing it off made my videos playing fine (so contra the description in teh Wiki). Anyway - as long as it's working I'm fine

:D

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Mediaportal "closes" when starting TV

OK - so O have reenabled the EVR now - and the TV starts again ok as it should.

The Problem I always had was "Tearing" as discribed in the Wiki - what I don't understand is that I always had this (on my Videos - TV is now a new Usage for sme) when using EVR - shutiing it off made my videos playing fine (so contra the description in teh Wiki). Anyway - as long as it's working I'm fine

:D

make sure you have aero enabled or you will have tearing

edit: marked as nobug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom