[confirm] Mediaportal config - Unhandled exception (1 Viewer)

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know if this is relevant... BUT... the MP configuration program seems to be looking for different versions of log4net. The MP 1.4 version upgrades the log4net.dll to 1.2.11 (whereas MP 1.3 used 1.2.10).

- If you switch out log4net.dll (1.2.10) in the root MP program files directory and then start MPconfig, you get an error message saying it can't find log4net.dll version 1.2.11.
    - If you DON'T switch it out and use what came with MP 1.4a, then you can still open MPconfig, but once you click on "plugins" or try to save your config changes, you get an error saying it can't find log4net version 1.2.10.

I checked the log4net config files and there doesn't seem to be any specification for which version is used. I also checked the config file for MPconfig as well as the config file for mediaportal itself... nothing. I think there is somewhere in the code where something wasn't updated.

The last time I saw log4net errors being reported it was due to an old version of Online Videos being used, make sure you have updated to OV 1.6.1.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok going to use my image from 3 weeks ago and go again as need this working asap, uploading logs in case they are of use for someone.

I am pretty sure it was a problem with musicdsp.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (xml file was just empty). To solve this problem you only need to delete the file. It will be re-generated. Had those reports in the past. :)
    Thanks!

On of those threads where this issue was reported: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/error-in-config-file-please-help.53060/

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The last time I saw log4net errors being reported it was due to an old version of Online Videos being used, make sure you have updated to OV 1.6.1.

Using version 1.61.2835.

I am pretty sure it was a problem with musicdsp.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (xml file was just empty). To solve this problem you only need to delete the file. It will be re-generated. Had those reports in the past. :)
    Thanks!

This file you suggested was indeed the culprit, deleted and opened config changed some settings and saved 7 exited, no error message any more (y)
    Wonder what is causing this issue?

Many thanks.

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Im having similar problems. I just upgraded to 1.4 and am getting some log4net problem when accessing plugins in the config.

I tried deleting that musicfile and I upgraded my onlinevideos thing but still no luck.

anybody have any suggestions ?

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      500.4 KB

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    I'm having the same problem.
    When i click on plugins in the config application, i got the same error.
    Is this some problem with an old plugin ?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could be related to OnlineVideos plugin. Have you updated to the latest version?

Last edited:

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    yes, it is.
    I update onlinevideo with mpei tool.
    After that mp work like a charme.
    thx

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I wish it was that easy for me to fix.
    I think i'm getting the eroor because I once had myanime installed.
    Right before the log4net error happens, it displays 2 errors about how it can't find files from myanime, but I uninstalled that years ago. So n clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom