MediaPortal configeration problem. (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I uninstalled MediaPortal 1.0.0 and installed the latest version of 1.2.2 and then scanned the channels. As explained at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ner-issue-channel-scan-crash-windows-xp-6344/ I then installed dvbfix and ran the bat file as I am running Windows XP service pack 3. When I click on the “MediaPortal” icon on the Desktop it comes up with the configuration window. On the earlier version I installed before a window came up with several buttons including “My TV” which listed the channels when I clicked on it. However, I do not see this on the later version as the configuration window comes up even though I clicked on the “MediaPortal” icon (not the “MediaPortal Configeration” icon). When I click on the on the “MediaPortal” icon, the same configuration window comes up as when I click on the “MediaPortal Configeration” icon

Some of the help files I read appeared to indicate that I should install the dvbfix first before installing MediaPortal. However, I did not read this part until I installed MediaPortal.
Would I have to uninstall MediaPortal and install it again? If so, would I have to install the dvbfix again? What else could I do?

Your help is appreciated,
Regards Richard.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

Did you at least once saved the MP Configuration?
    Reason I ask is because MP will also launch Configuration if it was not yet done at least once.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi

MediaPortal worked for a couple of weeks after reinstalling. However, tonight my hard drive ran out of disc space and I cannot open MediaPortal. I get the message "the volume of a file has been substancially altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" . I moved files of the hard drive to free up space and also rebooted a few times. However, I still get the message. Media Portal was recording a couple of TV programs when the problem occurred. After I rebooted files were still being generated as it was recording. However, I could not stop the recording as I cannot open the program. I tried unplugging the aerial connection and the message still came up. I switched the computer off completely tonight but it may not help. Do you know what is causing this and how to fix it? Would I have to do a clean reinstall?

Regards Richard.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Richard

It seems you reported a new problem to your old thread where the heading is not relevant anymore.
    Best would be to open one thread per problem with an applicable heading and detailed information as well as full debug logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom