MediaPortal files host problem? (1 Viewer)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I've installed and used MP on other systems, but I'm having problems installing it on my new HTPC. The install is hanging when it tries to download:

mysql-essential-5.1.38-winx64.msi

which apparently is hosted at:

http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MySql_64bit

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem at my end, but of course I could be wrong!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi spacemanc

The link seems to be alive to me. Are you running the installation as admin? I take it you've cleared the firewall to allow the installer to download packages?

mm

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Hi, yes it was "live" last night too - just that its so slow that it's as good as off. I just tried again and it is downloading, but says 2 hours for a 30mb file! All the other MP files are lightening fast - also I'm using a second PC now, so I'm pretty sure it's not a firewall problem. If you click:

http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MySql_64bit

and save file, you are getting normal speed?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is downloading at roughly 45 KB per second here => ~10 minute download. Don't forget that the server is in Europe and I'm on the other side of the world. I'm also on a rural connection so my speed is a little lower than might otherwise be expected.

mm

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, sorry for bringing up this old topic, but I am having the same issue for several days now. The Installer always timeouts/cancels when trying to download the MySQL - file.
    I am pretty sure that all security setting are fine (I am running Win7, 64bit).

Is it only my problem?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    speed is fine, no known issue. Please try a tracert.
    you can also use install.team-mediaportal.com/mysql-essential-5.1.38-winx64.msi as a direct dl (different hoster)

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the fast answer!
    I already tried that link and it was ultra slow. I have, however, tried the link on my ubuntu notebook (via the same internet connection) and I could download it with high speed.... so, it is obviously my problem :oops:
    Sorry about that, now I just need to find out what is wrong with my Win7 - PC.
    Again, thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom