mediaportal freezes on non broadcasting uk channels (1 Viewer)

robcarter

Portal Pro
February 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hi

I have installed media portal 1.1 beta on a windows 7 system (x64), works really well, thoroughly impressed, however I have one slight problem when watching TV
When changing channels if you come to a channel not on air (say BBC3 in daytime) when i press the channel up/down button mediaportal freezes for about 15 seconds then changes to the next channel.
has anyone else seen this / know of a solution?

regards
rob carter

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a similar problem. It seems to take a long time to determine that there's no audio/video, perhaps there's a timeout that can be decreased somewhere?

In my case when I started the TV it was defaulting to an off-air channel and took ages to get in to let you change it. At first I thought the TV server had stopped working.

Geeza

Portal Member
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Owlsroost :D

Makes selecting an unavailable channel tolerable. Do you know how to remove unavailable channels from the EPG ? I've tried from the TV Server configuration but they still show.

Geeza

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Not sure what you mean, remove scrambled or currently not broadcasting, scrambled is easy, just select in tvserver config to remove scrambled channels, for the others ie BBC3 and you are using dvb-t freeview, then make sure that you enable dvb epg grab for that channel, otherwise something like WebEPG gets the sattelite listings which are 24hr transmissions :(

Don't forget no more than 2 minutes max pre-record, otherwise you will get a failed recording due to no signal on shared channels.

Geeza

Portal Member
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Thank you! I followed your instructions and they worked perfectly - I only see available channels now :)

If you don't mind I'll pick your brains again...

Would you know why I can recieve ITV, Channel 4, Five and other channels on a DVB-T TV , but not on Media Portal although fed from the same Aerial? Could it be something to do with my Hauppage DVB-T Stick?

Thanks, Geeza

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom