MediaPortal goes to sleep even when recording (1 Viewer)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Hi,

MediaPortal wakes up nicely to start recording, but then during recording, it goes back to sleep.

I have configured PowerScheduler both for Server and Client. And both are running in same machine.
Should I disable Client's PowerScheduler completely? I think both were configured to go to sleep after 21 min.

Log attached. MediaPortal was supposed to record

Muodin Huipulle 20:00 - 21:00
Frendit 20:00 - 20:30
Simpsonit 20:30 - 21:00

Br,
Sohvaperuna

Kossu

Portal Pro
June 8, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have never used PowerScheduler but I don't think having it enabled on both sides is smart as the client will be idle when the TV server is recording, so try having it enabled in TV Server only.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I think your machine goes into standby not through PowerSchedule Plugin but something else.

1. control panel -> power management -> disable option "standby after XY minutes", set to never
    2. open Windows Event Viewer (startmenu->type in event viewer) and look through the logs, you will see what sends your machine into standby (under Windows Protocols / System / logs of "KernelPower" and "Power Troubleshooter")

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    I configured Client's PowerScheduler so that it does not go to sleep at all. It seems to fix the problem.. But I think then I got a problem that computer went to sleep while I was watching recording..

I think your machine goes into standby not through PowerSchedule Plugin but something else.

1. control panel -> power management -> disable option "standby after XY minutes", set to never
    2. open Windows Event Viewer (startmenu->type in event viewer) and look through the logs, you will see what sends your machine into standby (under Windows Protocols / System / logs of "KernelPower" and "Power Troubleshooter")

I have disabled those...

I'll check Tapahtumienvalvonta once I know what actually happened during the day.. Anyway this is not anymore the problem, I
    disabled PowerScheduler from client, so this does not happen anymore. Instead I got new problems..

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I think then I got a problem that computer went to sleep while I was watching recording..
    when configured correctly, powerscheduler won't shutdown your system when mp is not in home-window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom