Mediaportal Guide for Medion Owners (1 Viewer)

poppy10

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
I am making a simple, graphical guide to mediaportal for medion 8383 owners. It's only partially complete so far, and is low on eye-candy, but I will be adding to it as I get time.

I love mediaportal, but the documentation and help systems are very poor. Hopefully this guide will prevent other people having to spend hours trawling the forums like I did.

www.geocities.com/arjun8

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Put that stuff to the wiki, please. That's the right place for stuff like that. So other users will find your tips at first sight without searching the forums.
Good work so far. :wink:

http://maisenbachers.de/dokuw/

poppy10

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
OK, but the main reason that I didn't put it in the wiki is that it is very specifically targeted at the Medion 8383, and so the advice given won't be applicable (and could well just confuse) other people.

mln

February 11, 2005
The Netherlands
:( More specific it work only on the digital TV-card of the Medion PC. It don't work on Medion 8383XL and 8386XL with Medion BDA Analog 7134 TV card which is buyed by ALDI in the Netherlands and perhaps in many other countries. It is a pity that MP don't support that TV card. There are a lot of people who this PC in the Netherlands. The radio works perfect only the screen is black. They call it a software TV-card why? It have a perfect TV under DScaler and cost not so much (~5 % of) processor power.

A

Anonymous

I tried the first 4 pages, on my Medion Aldi PC with the 7134 card and my main goal was to get the Remote working.... And it did!!!
Great stuff! Disappointing is that www.geocities.com/arjun8 does stop after page 4, and I was just getting excited, so perhaps poppy10 can tell me what's wrong...

Still struggling with getting all the channels I have on my normal TV in MP, but sure I will...
Long live the MCE alternative!

Havoc

Portal Member
March 12, 2005
Unfortunately, I've got the 8386, equiped with an analog 7134 and it just won't work with MP: always a black screen!!!

I was wondering if the remote settings for the Medion 8383 remote is the same as the 8386?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom