Mediaportal ignores Network Resources? (1 Viewer)

Do you think MP may support server/client DVB streaming?

• Total voters

ditronics

Portal Member
February 14, 2006
Hi guys

I´m one of those old myHTPC users that arrives to MP looking for a better home media solution. Was a really nice experience to found it. I have been using it for the last 2 years. I bought DVB-S/T/C cards for TV receptión, betters VGA cards to enjoy HD feature, fine sound cards to get digital sound feelings, etc. Tring to get the best system I can pay to enjoy the high quality resources that MP gives to me for free.

Recently I move to a new brand home, a winding experience, and I was thinking about to take advantage of all my hardware. Actually I have already working 2 PCs and a laptop. One of the PCs runs as dedicated server (Windows 2003 Server SP1) the other one works as Home Media Center (Windows XP MCE, Nvidia 6800 ULTRA, Audigy 2, 5.1 speakers system, MCE remote, 32" LCD DVI, etc) I also works with the laptop. All of those PCs support GigaLan and 108Mb Wireless.

MP works really nice using resources on the lan. I can check my bittorrent folders, playback my videos, watch my pictures and ear my music from/to anyplace, but when i want to use my server to stream my DVB cards facilities MP simply cannot handle it. I must to use aditional soft (ProgDVB or VLC) able to manage those cards to stream services over my lan.

Well, after this large introduction, the oviously question is ... will Mediaportal support lan streaming services on the future? I think (and probably lots of users does) this will be one of the most interesting feature MP must to have to be the best Home Media software ever.

Sorry if I fail choosing the right section.

Regards.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm pretty sure the devs are working on a solution for streaming TV over the network to other machines/TVs on the network.

ditronics

Portal Member
    February 14, 2006
    I´m sure too but i want to know how the things are, because I want to get my PCs working like an unique system as soon as possible.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom