Mediaportal + .mkv files + dxva + directvobsub + subtitles (1 Viewer)

fullerms

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,

This topic may been beaten to death, but was wondering if the above combination will work? MPC-HC uses dxva when I enable subtitles, but mediaportal does not even when I use the MPC decoder. Mediaportal uses only CPU when I install directvobsub for subtitles.

Question is, is it possible at all to get dxva with subtitles in Mediaportal? Or is it possible to disable directvob for certain file types? That way, I can continue to get subtitles out of xvids, but leave out the HD encoded .mkv files.

My system

AMD Athlon X2 4200+
Radeon 4870 1GB with Cat 9.5
4 GB system ram
Vista SP1 32 bit
Mediaportal 1.0.2
Panasonic 42" Full HD Plasma Tv.

Codecs:
Stand alone filter pack saf3.47
Matroska splitter
AC3 filter
Directvobsub - But uninstalled it because of above mentioned problem, and now I dont have subtitles even in avi files :(

fullerms

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
Downloaded and installed the binaries into 1.0.2, works like a charm :) Thanks!

Two more requests

1. How do I check which codecs / filters are being used by mediaportal on the fly? Like I play a video using mediaportal and I want to check which filters / codecs are being loaded by mediaportal to play that file?
  2. How to display the frame rate of the video being played? For some reason, ATI tray tools' OSD does not work with mediaportal.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    # How do I check which codecs / filters are being used by mediaportal on the fly? Like I play a video using mediaportal and I want to check which filters / codecs are being loaded by mediaportal to play that file?

You need to run MP in windowed mode (alt-enter) playing the video.

Download\run Graphstudio, select connect to remote graph.

How to display the frame rate of the video being played? For some reason, ATI tray tools' OSD does not work with mediaportal.

Video playing, then Shift+!

Hopefully that is what you want ;)

fullerms

Portal Member
    December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    For some strange reason, graphstudio refuses to run on my PC. When I click on the executable, the application seems to open, and there is a tab on the taskbar for the application. But, I cannot see the interface or get to it!. Task manager duly reports graphstudio as running. No such problems with graphedit though. WTH?

Got the codec / filter details through graphedit.

As for the shift+! keystroke for frame rates, mediaportal promptly crashes to desktop whenever I try it. Doesnt matter whether MP is in windowed or full screen mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom