Mediaportal problems (1 Viewer)

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I am newbie on this Mediaportal Forum ( I actually find whole Mediaportal just ~1month ago) I tryed to search some answers from here (and found many) and my system is now up/running but I still have some annoying "features" on my system. First I like to introduce my environment:

MSI K9A2GM-FIH
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ EE 65W
    4Gb DDR2 800MHz (2x2048Mb) HeatSink
    Samsung 1000Gb 7200rpm 32Mb Serial ATAII
    nVidia 9600GT 512Mb 2xDVI (HDMI adapterilla)
    LG GGC-H20LRB Blu-ray/HD-DVD SATA
    HD audio 7.1
    Net 10/100/1000
    Wlan 802.11g
    USB 2.0 4+2kpl, Firewire
    DVB-T TerraTec Cinergy HT
    DVB-S2 Technotrend S2-S3650 USB
    Conax CAM
    Logitech DiNovo Edge
    Vista Home Premium 32 bit, fi

I have ~2500 channels from Astra, Thor, Sirius and Hotbird (DVB-2S and DVB-S) and terrestial (Finnish channels (DVB-T) My drivers etc. are latest available on all component.

Basically everything works but I have some issues, so any hints for these would be extreamly welcome:

So "the" list:

- if any popups etc. comes from Vista or any other programs, Mediaportal will go to backround (still can hear sound). How I can prevent this?

- TV-server work always like a charm but TV-client can't connect to server so I can't see any channels (list is totally empty) Only help for this is that I restart services from TV-server. When this happens, I can still open all channels from server side (preview) but Client can't see any...

- If I checking normal DVB-S or DVB-T channels and I switch to DVB-2S (HD) picture is not updated properly (slow, blocks on screen etc) I need to close Client and start up it again and after that HD-channels works perfectly. This happening only if I check some other type of channels before HD. Any reason for this?

- Because I have so many channels (not all even activated, ticked out from channels section) EPG is slow. I would like to use WebEPG. The problem is that when I try to Import those channels on that tool, I will always get error message that no channels found? Any fix for this?

I have still few other issues but lets see if I can found any solution for these ones first =)

Thanks

Jari

nesh

August 18, 2008
    same here mate..

Have also a lot of issues

Mediaportal doesn work good with my technotrend 3650ci,also i have some sound (noise) out of my speakers and then freeze and crash

Vista 32bits sp1

very big problem with : ''tv service stop working'' messeger from vista then again crash

should i buy other dvb hdtv card?if so anyone to help out with a good working card?

bussy 2 weeks already and coudnt watch tv even for 2 hours

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    - if any popups etc. comes from Vista or any other programs, Mediaportal will go to backround (still can hear sound). How I can prevent this?

mediaportal configuration -> general -> keep mediaportal always on top

TV-server work always like a charm but TV-client can't connect to server so I can't see any channels (list is totally empty) Only help for this is that I restart services from TV-server. When this happens, I can still open all channels from server side (preview) but Client can't see any...

there is lots of information in the forum about how to resolve server/client relationship

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    My mistake, I forget to mention that this option:

mediaportal configuration -> general -> keep mediaportal always on top

doesn't work =( Mediaportal will still goes to backround if any popups etc. coming

This client/server relationship issue is under investigation, it sure looks that I am not only one who have a problem on this matter...

I can live with these other issues but I would like to get a fix for this channel surffing issue (from DVB-T/S to DVB-2S) It's quite annoying that I need to re-start client everytime if I like to check HD channels after normal ones. This is somehow related to codecs (not codecs itself but how client handling this codec change)

If someone of you doesn't have this problem, could you tell what codes you have on DVB-S and DVB-2S? I have spent quite a lot of time to find proper settings but now I have good exellent picture/sound on all formats. I also using post-processors (ffdshow, AC3filter) but I have rules that it's not used when picture is HD-quality or sound is ac3/dts format.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - Because I have so many channels (not all even activated, ticked out from channels section) EPG is slow. I would like to use WebEPG. The problem is that when I try to Import those channels on that tool, I will always get error message that no channels found? Any fix for this?

Backup your original WebEPG-conf.exe and then replace it with the one that I have attached to this post, although if you do try and run the WebEPG-conf application, found within MP's install folder it might work for you. If not then replace it with the attached one as the original would always produce an error and fail to start. I started the application and then imported the channel data from the TV server and then applied the appropriate automapping selection. Once that was done, and changed the days to grab to 14, I then pressed save and exited the WebEPG-conf and then double clicked on the WebEPG.exe which works in the background to populate the EPG.

I would like to give credit as to where within these forums I grabbed it from but I never bookmarked the post and I have spent so long reading som many there isn't a chance that I would remember.!

For me by doing the above it allowed WebEPG-conf to work and I could import my channels and then map them etc etc etc

Attachments

• WebEPG-conf.rar
      15.3 KB

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks from your response but un-fortunately this didn't help. Original webEPG gives this error:

2009-02-24 21:34:35.611960 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:34:35.611960 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from MediaPortal Database
    2009-02-24 21:35:24.321733 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:35:24.322709 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from TV Server Database
    2009-02-24 21:35:24.371534 [ERROR][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Import failed - Kohteen Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory tyypin alustaja aiheutti poikkeuksen.
    2009-02-24 21:37:20.239118 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:37:20.239118 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from TV Server Database
    2009-02-24 21:37:20.239118 [ERROR][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Import failed - Kohteen Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory tyypin alustaja aiheutti poikkeuksen.

It's partly on finnish but basically it says that Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory cause an exception

This "new" version from this tool gave me another error:

2009-02-24 21:43:15.443923 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:43:15.443923 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from TV Server Database
    2009-02-24 21:43:15.473218 [ERROR][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Import failed - Menetelmää ei löydy: System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<TvDatabase.Channel> TvDatabase.Channel.ListAll().
    2009-02-24 21:43:27.018377 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:43:27.019354 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from MediaPortal Database
    2009-02-24 21:44:30.286789 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-24 21:44:30.286789 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from MediaPortal Database

So it says that Import failed - Method not found: ...

Any idea?

Cheers

Jari

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    By popups do you mean in the systray?

There's a separate option in MP general settings for systray popup disabling.

Blank list on client - are you running any SVN or just 1.0 final?

I updated one of my clients to the latest SVN to try it, & now TV is unusable on that client, as it can't interface wth the 1.0 TV server. The guide is completely blank for the SVN client.

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes, I have pure 1.0 installation (client/server) Blank list comes ones for while when I start TV-client. Only help for that is that I re-start TV-server (even preview works from server side)

So this webEPG doesn't work properly on 1.0 version? Just wonder that anyone else haven't reported on this problem. Lets hope that this issue have been fixed on this next correction package (coming in March)

BTW I have also another problem on this HTPC. Vista starting too "fast" so my DVB-2S card doesn't have enought time to initialize properly (TV-server says that it's unknown) So I need to re-start TV-server always after boot. This is not a big problem because I shutdown my PC quite rarely. I tryed those delay settings but those didn't help...

But yesterday when I played around this webEPG and I restarted my PC quite often I had only DVB-T card active (because this DVB-2S doesn't come active by itself). I noticed that Mediaportal works really stable etc. no any hickups or anything, smooth channels changes (fast/reliable) but immediatly when I activated my DVB-2S card all these problems came back. (Slow channel change, no channels at all on tv-client etc etc.) So there seems to be much to improve this mechanism how Mediaportal handling multible tv-cards. I will do a test (when I find free time) I will remove my DVB-T card from my PC and try to use only DVB-2S, this card provides all channels what I need so if this removes all those issues I can manage to have only one tuner on his PC.

There is one wrong information on my environment. I changed this Technotrend S2 tuner to FloppyDTV-S2 model. I will fix my profile..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom