Mediaportal PVR Hostname in KODI (1 Viewer)

Wayne McNamara

June 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first time posting here so let me first start by saying hi!

I have been trawling through the forums trying to find an answer to an issue I have but so far no luck.

Here is a brief overview of my setups:

Media Server running Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2). This also has Mediaportal TV Server running a Dual DVB-S satellite card.

Client 1 - Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client - (Working perfectly with full access to TV channels from the server).

Client 2 -.Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client (Currently not working)

My current problem:

Client 2 is setup exactly the same as client 1 however whenever I enter the IP address of the TV server in the Hostname section of the Mediaportal PVR in KODI it never seems to save the information. When entering the Hostname and clicking OK it says the PVR service needs to restart. After going back into the configuration settings the Hostname is again blank.

Things I have tried:

Re-installing the Mediaportal PVR service.
Restting the PVR Database.
Doing a fresh install of KODI.
Installed the Mediaportal standalone client to check it works. It works perfectly with full access to all channels.
Have tried to access the live TV from within KODI but is says cannot access e:\livetvbuffer etc. This would indicate that it is looking for the folder locally due to not having the hostname saved. Both folders Livetv Buffer and Timeshift are shared and fully accessible to Client 2.

I am at a complete loss of what to try next. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hello,

This is my first time posting here so let me first start by saying hi!

I have been trawling through the forums trying to find an answer to an issue I have but so far no luck.

Here is a brief overview of my setups:

Media Server running Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2). This also has Mediaportal TV Server running a Dual DVB-S satellite card.

Client 1 - Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client - (Working perfectly with full access to TV channels from the server).

Client 2 -.Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client (Currently not working)

My current problem:

Client 2 is setup exactly the same as client 1 however whenever I enter the IP address of the TV server in the Hostname section of the Mediaportal PVR in KODI it never seems to save the information. When entering the Hostname and clicking OK it says the PVR service needs to restart. After going back into the configuration settings the Hostname is again blank.

Things I have tried:

Re-installing the Mediaportal PVR service.
    Restting the PVR Database.
    Doing a fresh install of KODI.
    Installed the Mediaportal standalone client to check it works. It works perfectly with full access to all channels.
    Have tried to access the live TV from within KODI but is says cannot access e:\livetvbuffer etc. This would indicate that it is looking for the folder locally due to not having the hostname saved. Both folders Livetv Buffer and Timeshift are shared and fully accessible to Client 2.

I am at a complete loss of what to try next. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

As this appears to be a KODI problem I think you should ask this question on the KODI support forum ?

Wayne McNamara

June 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi Mm

I am at work currently but will attach log files this evening when I get home.

Hi Owlsroot.

I have asked this question on the Kodi forum also but am yet to receive a response. The problem is in the Mediaportal PVR config. Do Mediaportal have nothing to do with that element of the software?

Thanks.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    If you are talking about the Mediaportal PVR config inside Kodi no the plugin is not ours unfortunately.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    i also use kodi + mptvserver and i have the same behavior. it SEEMS kodi doesnt save the ip in mp-pvr-plugin because every time you go into the plugin the ip-field is empty. but for me it is working. do the following:

1) make sure to save the correct ip in ip folder.
    2) activate the mp plugin. restart kodi.
    3) if the plugin is disabled activate it again. restart kodi. sometimes i must do that up to 3 times. but if it works for the first time after that it worked "forever". it must be a bug (with kodi pvr plugin).

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Try editing your settings.xml (found in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\pvr.mediaportal.tvserver) in notepad, the setting is <setting id="host" value="TV server IP address" />

Wayne McNamara

June 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the responses. Apologies I could not get the log up yesterday but I will tomorrow as I need to go out this evening, Ed & Jas I will try your suggestions tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Many thanks for your replies everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom