MediaPortal sources (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I decided to try my hand at compiling MediaPortal so I installed and configured TortoiseCVS and followed the instructions in the forum on getting the sources with TortoiseCVS

I must be doing something wrong or the instructions aren't complete because when I completed the configuration Tortoise created the MediaPortal directory but there are no sources.

Any pointers?

S

scotbrady

Check the module name

It looks like you might have left the module name blank. You should see it downloading the CVS files when you check out.
I just tried it two days ago with TortoiseCVS and it worked fine.

A

Anonymous

I've triple checked it:

CVSROOT :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal
Protocol Password Server :)pserver)
Server cvs.sourceforge.net
Repository folder /cvsroot/mediaportal
Username anonymous
Module MediaPortal

A

Anonymous

This is the results display

In E:\Development: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-f" "MediaPortal"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal

cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

Success, CVS operation completed

V

Vic

The module name is case sensitive. Try using all lower case letters for the module name: "mediaportal"

There is a module in the repository called "MediaPortal" as well, but it is empty...

A

Anonymous

I tried all lower case and it said that there was no match:

cvs checkout: existing repository /cvsroot/mediaportal/MediaPortal does not match /cvsroot/mediaportal/mediaportal
cvs checkout: ignoring module mediaportal

Error, CVS operation failed

V

Vic

From the error message it seems like you have not deleted the MediaPortal repository on your disk. Remove it first, then choose CVS Checkout again.

A

Anonymous

Strange ...

I installed TortoiseCVS on a different machine and it worked the first time. For some strange reason it will simply not download the sources when run on my Thinkpad T40.

I installed NANT, TortoiseCVS and the .Net SDK on the MP machine and downloaded the sources. Next step, compile.

A

Anonymous

A bit of an update. After installing everything I was actually able to compile MP. I reconfigured and fired it up.

Good news and bad news.

Good news: I was able import the TVGuide now and the DVD burner is available.

Bad news: However, with the TVGuide imported changing a channel up or down (F7/F8) takes a good 12 seconds for the channel to actually change. During the 12 seconds the the current pictue freezes and only changes a few frames -- audio is essentially off aside from a few bursts of sound when the video frames change.

Going from fullscreen to preview takes about 4 seconds and the video is frozen until the preview opens.

With timeshifing enabled in the config file, stopping it from the Preview screen clears the TV On button and the video freezes until th eTV On is manually set.

Seelcting a program in the TVGuide freezes the system although it appers that timeshifting is still going on. Requires CTL-ALT-DEL to recover.

Starting the "Record Now" causes the video to freeze for 2-3 seconds and then resumes. Stopping the recording has no effect.

I currently have 130+ channels defined in cable and satellite and a weeks worth of programming results in about 24,000 program items --- some 25MB in the TVGuide.xml file.

Further frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom