[confirm] Mediaportal stopped responding but still works (1 Viewer)

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
October 20, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know the title is confusing but let me get to the specifics.
A few nights ago I went into MP-TVSeries and did a manual update of the database from within mediaportal. This froze the PC to where a hard restart was necessary. After a reboot mediaportal was starting like normal but Win 7 (32-bit) not responding error window popped up. Hitting close closes mediaportal and it looks like explorer.exe crashes because I need to restart the process in order for the taskbar to show up again. Subsequent attempts to restart mediaportal produces the same symptoms.

what is odd is that if I move the "not responding" error window out of the way, mediaportal continues to work as if nothing is wrong. I have tested all the plugins and have verified they all work as before.

Any ideas?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    I had this happen a few times when a network share became unavailble due to network error.
    rebooting my router fixed the problem.

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
    October 20, 2012
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    Home Country
    Problem fixed. There was an error in the logs pointing to a problem getting a poster. Went to the program I did a manual update of, removed from database and reimported. That is what fixed it. Don't know how to change title from "confirm" to "fixed".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom