Mediaportal stops playing audio after TV is turned off (1 Viewer)

jrn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am currently facing the issue that mediaportal turns off any radio stream once I turn off my TV. The audio signal gets delivered through the onboard soundcard. After I turn off the TV, the radio stream keeps playing for another 15 seconds or so and then fades out. If I play audio through my browser or a different program it keeps playing even with the TV turned off.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a bunch,

jrn

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That should not have any effect, unless your sound is played via the tv's speakers, but then it would never work even with another program.
    How is your tv connected?

jrn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The TV is connected through HDMI however the sound is turned off. The only sound is through my external speakers attached to my on board sound card.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The above works - I have power amp built into PC, so no TV needed - DOWN side [sorry], you can't simply turn off the TV IF you have active video stream [video OR TV], the sound continues [which is very 'wife' unsafe option:eek:

Once 1.6 is released, I think I'll post a feature request [really don't know if it's possible] to stop audio JUST video steams when audio renderer is lost.

Cheers - JCMP

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't - I want to be able to turn TV off when running only audio [music or radio plugins] - so stop audio when render is lost ONLY for video stream - so pure audio stream is unaffected.

Missing "on" in "JUST video" in my posting.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom