MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-06-2007 01-01h - Revision:13860 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:

1) Install latest MediaPortal Release 0.2.2.0, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

MyVideos 05/04/2007 [12:13:24] DalaNorth added: Fixed Mantis issue 0000997: MyVideos-Playlist: after switching the view the playlist-style is gone
BlueTwo 05/04/2007 [14:59:55] rtv added: added many skin fixes and cleanups by chefkoch
MyMusic 05/04/2007 [15:57:55] rtv added: display the current track's rating on playing now screen (change with 0-5)
Music 05/04/2007 [19:44:13] hwahrmann added: Winamp Visualisations display now the correct Song Title.

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

McSeven

Portal Pro
February 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, tested latest SNV of MP and TV engine .3. I came across several issues; since I'm not into programming, please give me instructions (or a link to them) how to setup MP to generate the logfiles you need. I'll post'em asap.

My Conf:
System: Asus P5D-LDVM/C, Realtek 8.1 Onboard, Gigabit LAN, 6400 DualCore CPU 2Gig Ram.
TV: Pinnacle DVBT Dual Hybrid PCI-E Pro (3010ix, 310ix)
All decoders: ffdshow, latest stable
Skin: blue wide (but all errors happen with other 2.2.1 skins too)

Found issues:
1. TV: Initially turning on TV ok, but when switching channels via remote button, epg or channellist, video freezes instantaniously on current channel, audio ok after 1-3 sec, but will freeze after 10 secs. Tv has to be dis- and reenabled to switch to new channel.
UPDATE Same thing happens when timeshift is enabled and I try to go back or forward within timeshifted section.

2. TV: Recording from EPG: Either EPG times are wrong, or MP doesn't use the corrent times; I always get the wrong broadcasts recorded (too late begun, way too early begun and finished or no audio at all), channel is ok though. Happens no matter if I record on both tuners or just on one.
UPDATE It seems that the epg from dvb-t is not updated; when a station changes its program, but the epg in MP has already been filled, it doesn't get the new programme and therefore records at the wrong timestamps.

3. wathcing TV and recording on the other tuner: TV stutters and recording has audio and video stutters

4. Music: When looking up an album, cover is randomly sometimes not stored as folder jpeg, even though every file inside the alblum folder shows the correct image and the "generate missing..." option is checked.

5. Video: imdb request sends the extension of the file (avi, mkv etc), when the option "hide file extension" is not checked. Leads to wrong or no results.

6. Video: imdb request returns Video Game and other records too, maybe filter them to get better results?

7. Music: sometimes the cover will stay ontop of everything else, size and position like in TV-Screen (smaller square, nearly in the middle of the screen). Cover disappears when stopping the music, but reappears again ontop of everything else when starting the same or another song.

8. Music: When playing and album cover is shown in the small preview in the mainscreen, going to TV and then going fullscreen wont display the album cover in fullscreen, like it does with videos or TV-watching, but will give a black screen. Cdcover would be nice or maybe even the music "now playing" screen.

9. TV: When going from TV to epg or videotext, always a new instance of these screens is generated. makes it a bit annoying, when using the remote's "back" button, since you have to go backk through all these screens again.

10. Music: when having played music, then watched TV or Video, it's not possible to play music again. The marker cursor is still on the last played tune, but clicking it or another song will not start any music. Instead nothing happens. It doesn'T matter if the music has been stopped prior to watching TV or video.

11. Mainscreen: you cannot reach the small preview on the bottom left of the screen by remote. instead you always have to go to TV or DVD to make a playing video (DVD, TV or AVI) pop into fullscreen mode again

12. Music: Even though I set up the database, I cannot use the "search" function within MP

13. FIXED (ok, works) Could you make the date string in Mainscreen and others configurable? I'd like to have the localized string "Freitag, 06. April '07" instead of "Freitag April 6".

14. TV-Recordings: When skipping via skiplevels to another time in the recording (highquality), it takes ages before the new position is played back, and the first audio starts and afterwards (20secs) video; and video then runs really fast to catch up with audio. after that it's ok again. This seems to take the longer the later the skip position is I want to jump to.

15. FIXED (was too fast posting, already fixed) Video Text: German characters äöüßÄÖÜ are not displayed; seems a character decoding issue

16. EPG .3 TV engine: No colors (admitted, nice to have, not a priority)

17. Pictures; Would be nie to have smaller than screen-res Pictures to be upscaled to fullscreen when viewing the pictures without having to press "2" first.

18. Video: When looking up a movie in imdb, sometimes (not sure how to reproduce exactly) the screen starts flickering, where only a rectangle with the imdb info remains still on top of everything else (and stays there until MP is restarted or PC has been put into standby) and the rest flickers between black and the current screen in MP.

Puh, hope that's not too much, BIG THANKS, you're doing a great job, really!
So long, Seven

kharasana

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Especially item 9 of McSevens post makes it impossible to use the TV function for more than one day...for a non computer person like my mother.

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
February 1, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
13. Could you make the date string in Mainscreen and others configurable? I'd like to have the localized string "Freitag, 06. April '07" instead of "Freitag April 6".

This is configurable in the "Home"-plugin.

---------------
Leon

kharasana

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Thank's for your post. But how could this be done in the home plugin ?

McSeven

Portal Pro
February 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
simple: right click on "Home"->"Configuration" in MP Setup->Plugins and here you go...

kharasana

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Excuse me for being stupid. But wath should i change there ?

MediaPortal Setup -> Configuration shows
1. "Fix Scroll Bar"
2. "Show my PlugIns"
3. "Enable Animation"
4. "Date + Time Settings"
on the second TabSheet is the "Menu Setup"

thank's for your patience.

McSeven

Portal Pro
February 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
how abot the date and time settings? Click the dropdown, then you can edit the text inside, try this string without the quotation "<Day>, <DD>. <Month> '<YY>" and you'll have "Freitag, 6. April '07". hope that helps

kharasana

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
There was a misunderstanding. I was talking all the time about item9 in your post:oops: .

9. TV: When going from TV to epg or videotext, always a new instance of these screens is generated. makes it a bit annoying, when using the remote's "back" button, since you have to go backk through all these screens again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom