MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 06-19-2007 10-31h - Revision:14921 (1 Viewer)

trojkolka

Portal Pro
December 24, 2004
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the same problem as well since RC1 all svn update installers hang before the end of completion. It says three times copy failed the last time it doesn't fail but nothing happens anymore. It freezes the whole window and i need to use proces kill in task manager to get the installer shut down

@ the same spot it hangs as M0deth' screenshot

@high your new devsvn installer doesn't hang here and seems to update my system correctly

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, this time it worked, the only difference being this SVN had the ok boxes, and I turned my A/V software off and removed from memory, I'm using AVG free, fully updated.

I fully expected this to do the same thing, but it installed fine, I'd start looking at the differences between latest nightly build and this one you just posted. Maybe giving certain install operations time to complete properly is the cause, I don't know, I suggest this as the click thru procedure obviously takes more time.

Previous to this, I tried clearing out the MP\temp folder and trying various SVNs since RC1, and all did the same thing until this post. That did not work either, however, it seems to me, all the same files then were in the temp folder as are now. This is most likely due to some organizational conflict on install? Once again, I'm guessing.

so in short, nothing besides build 14918 installs properly on mine, although it seems the files needed for completion are in the temp folder, they just never make it to where they should go.

hope this helps, on to the bug checking during operation, which I believe should work fine now.

m0

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wild trying...there are two new builds out. Please respond if any of them work.

m0deth

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    v20-07h build 14925 worked flawlessly on install this time, and the cmd.exe window showed itself in verbose form for the first time today, that may have been your problem...I noticed earlier that cmd.exe was stuck in memory after installation attempts, but I figured it was due to the install lockup causing this, it may have been the other way around. This also took less time to install than all previous ones, while this is anecdotal....it seemed to fly thru the install in no time.

what did you do? optimizations?

I'm curious is all.

Otherwise, I think you got it!

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what did you do? optimizations?

I backported the way the start.bat is excuted. The old one was the simple way (execwait), the new one was a special utility that hides the dosbox during install. Looks like this prog cause some errors on different systems.

I will review it and maybe send you some private builds for testing the next days if you dont mind.

Thanks all for looking into it and please keep me informed if it occurs again.

m0deth

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    as long as I can help, I don't mind at all, I'll check my PM's from here on out on this, so others can post here with their issues if any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom