MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 10-08-2007 01-01h - Revision:16135 (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You need to find the reclock dll & use that regsvr32 "reclock name of dll", i have never used reclock so i don't know what the dll it's called.....

Regards
    Roy

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK. I'll give it a try later,(got to rush to kindergarten).
    Eabin: You Core.dll did not help.

I'll get back to you when my system is ReClock free

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know what to do, I just had a hard time finding out how to unregister reclock.
    Found this: regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\ReClock\ReClock.ax"
    ... gonna give it a try ones the HTPC is not in use by family members.

FIXED!

Got rid of ReClock (never entering my system again).

Other things noticed with new core.dll:
    I have had major issues with DXVA and TV (Hauppauge PVR-350) [Forum thread]. This seems a lot better now. (Although horizontal scrolling text is still crap w/DXVA enabled).

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Quote: Originally Posted by ronilse
    Hi,
    campod, MCE remote works good as always here, if you have vista then you'll have to copy back the old mediaportaldirs.xml..

Regards
    Roy

Any Clue on why its still broken in Vista?

....Nobody...??

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    kkendall, it wont(at least i don't think so) be "fixed" before next release. The changes to that xml file usually happens before a release & doesn't cause probs, this time it didn't & causes trouble for vista users.
    Without that file change xp users would have problems. Further release will probably deal with this in a better way.

Regards
    Roy

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Ronilse,
    What do you mean with "next release"? The version after release candidate (RC3) or the version after the release of 0.2.3.0???
    The changes to that xml file usually happens before a release & doesn't cause probs, this time it didn't & causes trouble for vista users. Without that file change xp users would have problems.
    What do you mean by "...usually happens before a release & doesn't cause problems, this time it didn't & causes trouble for vista users. ..."

It wasn't there in the RC2...Is there no way to simply add something to the code like 'on Vista PC's do this and on XP PC's do that' with that file?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    kkendall, the file(mediaportaldirs.xml) has been there for a long time, the file it's used for pointing MP to the folders where "custom" dirs are. & the file for XP & Vista it's not the same, on XP folders are in MP root(default place), on vista they're in "Users\All Users" better known as "ProgramData folder".
    Because SVN releases are a "What is change since last release" & copy only that & since the default mpdirs.xml it's based on XP setup this happens. So after next release(whatever that is & shouldn't be that far away ;) ) SVN will not contain that file & we have to make sure it doesn't happen again.......

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom