MediaPortal v.1.2.3 picture and sound are break up in HD with DVB-S2 card (1 Viewer)

Zoltan Nagy

May 17, 2012
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
My HTPC consist of:
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO
4 GB DDR RAM
DVB-T (Alcor) tuner for terrestrial broadcasting channels
DVB-S/S2 (Digital Devices) tuner for UPC Direct satellite channels

Media Portal: v.1.2.3

Receiving, recording and playback of SD channels on DVB-T: for example M1, M2, RTL Klub: OK
Receiving, recording and playback of SD channels on DVB-S: for example M1, M2, RTL Klub: OK

Receiving, recording playback of HD channels on DVB-T: for example M1 HD, Duna HD: OK.
Receiving, recording playback of HD channels on DVB-S2: for example M1 HD, Duna HD, Nat Geo HD, etc: First 6-8 second is good, then picture and sound delayed, stucked and/or break up, depending on the codec.
I tried several codecs: Cyerlink, Arcsoft, fddshow but no improvement.

I tried to view/record the same programs/channels on DVB-T and DVB-S2.
Whilest recording program in HD (1440x1080) on DVB-T was good, I could not record without break up the same program on the channel from DVB-S2. The scheduled recording (no output to TV) was also not perfect on DVB-S2.
When I tried view channel (Nat Geo HD) true HD (1920x1080) the result was break up picture and sound on DVB-S2.

Note: Playback of films in true HD (1920x1080) using VLC media player was also correct.

What/where is the bottleneck? What to do/tuning? Can anyone help me? Thanks, in advance.
Zoltan

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Use LAV Filters as Codec or Windows Standard Codecs.
Check if your hdd is working correctly.
Which graphicscard and cpu do you use?
Try new graphic card drivers.
Check the drivers of your tv cards.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What GPU are you using? ATI have problems with HD Video breakup with CCC drivers after 11.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom