[solved] MediaPortal2 2.3.1 opens first time and run then after closing does not run again just crashes (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you using Nereus? Can/have you tried with a different skin? If not, switch to the "default" skin, restart the client, and test if the problem remains

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @joecrow I was on mobile before so couldn't check the logs, but it looks like you have the same issue that I hopefully fixed last night here. Can you try the build #35 here.

If it is that, I would expect the issue to be non-existent when not using nereus, so before installing can you do a check with the "default" skin as above. Make sure you try from a clean start of the client, i.e. switch skin, then restart the client and test.

Last edited by a moderator:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you using Nereus? Can/have you tried with a different skin? If not, switch to the "default" skin, restart the client, and test if the problem remains
    Yes I was using Nereus and when I try with the default and WMC skins, if I am very quick to try the restart <5sec then nothing but always restarts ok on 2nd click, a bit longer delay and MP2 restarts every time. Only with Nereus do I get the open MP2 task and MP2 never starting.
    @joecrow I was on mobile before so couldn't check the logs, but it looks like you have the same issue that I hopefully fixed last night here. Can you try the build #35 here.
    Will do anf get back here later.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    when I try with the default and WMC skins
    That narrows it down, no guarantees my fix will resolve it, but at least we're on the right track
    if I am very quick to try the restart <5sec then nothing but always restarts ok on 2nd click, a bit longer delay and MP2 restarts every time.
    I think this is normal, there's some more shutting down going on in the background after the window closes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That narrows it down, no guarantees my fix will resolve it, but at least we're on the right track
    I just tried #35 with installer (to avoid any influence of VS) and have no issues when closing MP2 from power menu.
    But this may not say too much, cuz I also had no issues before your last changes (but built and started from VS).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Build 35 is looking good, so far it always restarts with Nereus skin same as with default and WMC skins.:)
    I'll do some more testing tomorrow and report back here.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Build 35 is looking good, so far it always restarts with Nereus skin same as with default and WMC skins.:)
    I'll do some more testing tomorrow and report back here.
    Did you do some further testing? If still no issue I'd close the issue :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you do some further testing? If still no issue I'd close the issue :)
    Yes, sorry I should have said I would report back if I ran into any problem, I didn't it all looks very good. Please note the fix has been included in the test release of MP 2. 2.4 so is not generally available to fix 2.3.*, not sure when 2.4 will be released so I guess you need to close it on the basis of a fix in the next release unless a patch is made available.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom