MediaPortal2 issues (1 Viewer)

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
July 31, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,
I have installed Media Portal2. The TV server is running smoothly, but I have some issues with the MediaPortal2 Client on the same machine.
My Music is missing Album Art. All the Music info is there. I tried reimporting the source, but that made no difference. I installed MPTagThat to fix the Album Art, but that's too complicated for me.
The font looks faint, but there is no option to switch on GUI Antialiasing. Please explain why?
My last issue is when I select All Photos (2000+) my system hangs. I realise that Images is still underdevelopment so this may be a known issue, but I would appreciate if this is confirmed as a issue.

Kind Regards

FiftyFour##

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thank you for trying out MediaPortal2.
    My Music is missing Album Art.
    Only Album Art tagged into the music files are displayed at the moment. This will change with the next Release.

I installed MPTagThat to fix the Album Art
    Aside album art shown in recent MP2 release it really is wise to add proper ID3 tags to all your music files (incl. Album Art). There are tons of programs out there that are able to do such. Only a few examples... MPTagThat, MediaMonkey, MP3Tag,... The later (MP3Tag) I'm using since years now. It's free and easy to understand. And it can tag not only mp3 files (as the name may suggest) but also flac, ogg, mka, wma, wav,...

My last issue is when I select All Photos (2000+) my system hangs.
    I have about 250.000 Images and my system did not hang. But I'm only using "Folder View" never "Library View" as I have my images sorted properly on file system. For this I don't need or use any database system for images. On very first start it takes a while until all thumbnails are generated, but once this is done, the image part is working fast and smooth...

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Lehmden,
    Thank you for confirming that the Album Art functionality will be added to the next release of MP2.
    I ran MP3Tag with the standard action over my music folder and it fixed some of my tags. Unfortunately, it did not add the Album Art. I could only find a way to add album art individually to each album, which is too time consuming. How do you add it automatically?
    I installed Mp2 on another computer and I was offered antialiasing options. I believe my other computer was too old to offer antialiasing options. Mystery solved although it probably should be listed as a system requirement.
    As for my photos you correctly guessed I used the library option because I'm not as organised as you. It would be nice if somebody could confirm this is a known issue?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It would be nice if somebody could confirm this is a known issue?
    I tried it in library view. Much more complicated than my "normal" view so I could not understand someone will use this.Nevertheless I've tried it today. Indeed it is slower a lot but did not hang here also I have much, much more images to handle than you have. So it mus be something related to your system.

How do you add it automatically?
    I don't know the English labels but maybe my translations may help you nevertheless:
    In menu "actions select "actions (quick)" and then "Import Cover Art from file" (in German it is "Album Cover aus Datei Importieren")... Then you can add a pattern and a path for the cover images...

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Lehmden,

Thanks for your speedy response. Its really appreciated.

Your instructions for MP3Tag were excellent, but I couldn't import Album Art. The hidden Album Cover Art file is not in the Album Folder. It was there last week, before I upgraded to Windows 10, but now its no longer there. I've had enough of this issue now and I've decided I'll wait until the next release of MediaPortal 2 to add missing Album Cover Art files.

I know now, the exact sequence of events to hang my photos. I choose "library view" with a "View Mode" of "Grid". Then I change my "Filter" choice, which causes my system to hang. My work-a-round is to change "View Mode" to "Small item" before I change my "Filter" choice - my system doesn't hang under this sequence. It may be a bug or it may be my system hasn't enough power, but either way I have no way of knowing.

Thanks for all your help. I have found a solutions to my issues, albeit one is to wait for the next release of Media Portal 2.

Kind Regards

FiftyFour##

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom