MediaTip plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.1

Hey Micropolis,

Sorry I did not have (enough) time last night to test everything. I do have some good news now though, it's working for me. The problems I had were 2 fold;
a) The message plugin I use in conjunction with eventghost (for some more powerfull blasting like actions to handle, MP will not let me do those) screws things over for me. Now that I have that one configured right that's not an issue anymore.
b) I had skinfiles I grabbed from this thread for streamedMP but they were buggy. The log didn't show anything to that extend so I never really thought about that again.
I now have a working set of streamedMP skinfiles (first draft).

I am really sorry to have wasted your time with my configuration issues. The hard one for me was not being able to pin point anything cause of no debug info, might be still worth it to implement some logging in the plug (for example only when set log verbosity to debug) so more experienced users (which I counted my self to, now I start to think twice about that) are better able to diagnose possible problems.

However now that I do have it working I'll be working on the streamedMP skinning and I'll see if I can post a first draft of that tonight. Feel like I owe you , so the least I can do ;)
:D again for the awesome support!

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Could you please share the updated, working set of StreamedMP skin files you have?

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Zinu; please be patient, I already said I will.
I will however not release a half assed version, which it still is now. Hopefully I have some time tonight to finish up, didn't get to it again yesterday eve.

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Rostov-na-Donu
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation

All the good days. Is there a working file for the skin StreamedMP with 16:9? Those who are in the topic when it is called does not appear, but the standard skin from Blue3Wide very narrow and the side of the screen.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

LordMerlin:
I'm workin on it, please be patient. Hopefully I'll post something workable (second draft) tonight.
Since I am pretty new to this plug I still have to figure out what all the controls in the skin do... There are a couple over "cover" controls that I have hidden till now, kinda want to come up with something nice design wise.
Otherwise I'll leave them hidden if I can't come up with something nice tonight and upload the files here.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Haven't done anything yet with the pictures, couldn't come up with something decent.
I did do all the different aspects except for the radio part since I do not really use that.

Attachments

• 21-02-30.jpg
    21-02-30.jpg
    89.1 KB
  • StreamedMP MediaTip.zip
    505.8 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Hi Micropolis

Thanks for the great plugin, it's very handy. I've just finished skinning it for BleazleWide (for the next release) and have a few questions/comments:

1. In the language file (English) can I suggest removing the "s" from information? "informations" isn't quite right. I've done it on my local copy but thought I'd suggest this for your next release anyway.

2. Your first post says the plugin is supported in Blue3Wide but it is only supported in Blue3?

3. In BleazleWide I use a fading green button effect on the Advanced Home Screen which relies on an XML file being called "button_XYZ.xml" where "XYZ" is usually the name of the Plugin as it appears in MPConfig. I've tried "button_Media Tip.xml" & "button_MediaTip.xml" but neither of these work (so I don't get a button :( ) - is this plugin called something else in the background that I should be using?

4. No directory information appears in the MediaTip screen itself (the overlay is great) - I've tried on two different setups and I get the same result, all directories show e:\(unknown). Why would that be?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Bleazle

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi Bleazle,
concerning your questions and remarks:
  1. Sure, I'll can include your suggestion into the next release.
  2. I've made a blue3wide skin file (see post #51), but it's outdated. This can be updated also with the next release.
  3. The internal plugin name is "MediaTip", I don't know why it's not working for you.
  4. Please explain more, on which directory type (local/network, mapped/unmapped, partition type) the problem occurs. I need this information to check the internal routines.

Thx for supporting MediaTip, cheers Micropolis ;-)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Hi Micropolis

That button thing has got me stumped - your plugins are the only ones I can't get it to work for :( are you able to look at another plugin to see what might be different?

I can tweak my skin files so that they work in B3W to save you having to do it if you like, just let me know.

Re: Directories not showing information: All drives are local, NTFS partitions. They show up using the DriveSpace Free plugin (don't know if that helps you or not though! :D )

Regards

Bleazle

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2

Dear community,
the updated version v0.5.2 of this plugin is ready for downloading. This version adds support for drives and root directories to the directory information dialog (except the property #MediaTip.DirectoryFileCount). Skin changes are not required.

Bleazle: please give me feedback, if it's working now for your configuration, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom